Treasure - Brock Boeser

"Hun, I'm home!" I called as I walked through the front door and threw my keys on a side table

No answer. I thought for sure Brock would be home before I would today.

"Babe?" I called again through the seemingly empty place.

I shrugged my shoulders and went to the fridge to get something to drink. A smile fell onto my face when I noticed the note on the fridge door with my name on it. A giggle left me when I opened the note.

'Y/N,

I'm so glad you came to the refrigerator! I had to run and do something. Hopefully you can find something to pass the time till I get home, see you soon. I love you.

P.s. turn this note around oh and don't eat!

Raising an eyebrow I turned the note around. Written on the bottom half of the other side of the note, under my name that was now upside down was a drawn smiley face with two sentences under it.

'It's a treasure hunt, babe and here's your first clue! Your next clue will be waiting for you where we first met'

I smiled to myself, grabbed my keys and headed to the coffee shop a few blocks from our house.

"Y/N?" The girl behind the counter asked the second I walked in.

"That's me" I smiled.

"This is for you from your boyfriend and he wanted me to remind you not to eat anything on your next stop" she laughed handing me an envelope.

"Huh? Where am I going?" I laughed myself taking the envelope.

"I'm just the delivery girl, I know nothing about this" she said with her hands up.

"Thank you" I smiled opening the envelope as I exited the coffee shop.

"Next clue is where I finally had enough courage to first kiss you" I read out loud.

I laughed to myself, now knowing why I was told again not to eat anything. I hopped back into my car and made my way to the frozen yogurt place where Brock had seemed so nervous up until I realized he was trying to muster up the courage to kiss me on our first date. Not getting frozen yogurt would be difficult.

"It's on the counter by the register" the worker smiled when I walked in. I had gone there many times, I only worked right around the corner so I would frequently take my lunch breaks just to get some frozen yogurt.

"Thanks" I smiled grabbing the envelope.

"What does it say?" A few others looked over at me.

"It says the next and final clue will be where I first told you I loved you, and where you first told me you loved me after you cried a lot" I laughed.

"Your boyfriend's so cute, I wish mine did cute things like this for me" one of the workers turned to look behind her.

"Hey, I do nice things for you" a young male shot back confused.

"I'm off to Rogers arena, thanks again!" I called out making my way back to my car chuckling.

My mind filled with memories of that day. Right after a win, outside in the cool air late into the night. It was a moment I would never forget.

I hopped out of the car and walked to the exact spot it happened. I didn't know if I was in the right place the envelope was until I spotted it taped to the door. I peeled it off and quickly opened it.

'Meet me here'

It said and had coordinates under it. I rose an eyebrow and walked back to my car punching the coordinates into my map on my phone.

I was going to a park, and not very far away. I followed the map to the exact coordinates and parked when I saw Brock sitting on a bench.

"Hey beautiful" he stood up and held his arms out as I embraced him in a hug.

"Hey handsome" I gave him a quick kiss. "Are you my treasure? If so, I will gladly take it"

"No honey, I'm not your treasure. You're going to have to answer one question right to get your treasure" he smiled.

"Ooooh ok! But first off, Which memory happened here?" I asked looking around. I couldn't think of anything that happened here for the life of me.

"This, is where I first saw the most beautiful woman in the world. I needed a place to unwind after practice and she was sitting right here" he pointed to the bench he was just sitting on. "I tried talking myself into coming over and talking to her but by the time I had convinced myself I would never forgive myself for not at least taking the risk, she was getting up to leave"

My face formed into confusion as he continued his story.

"And I didn't forgive myself, until I saw her again. She was standing in line at a coffee place and I just so happened to be lucky enough to be in line behind her. I wasn't going to miss my second chance, I didn't think I would get another one. So I went for it, and I fell in love with her. I managed to make her fall in love with me." He explained.

He had never told me that story before, I had no idea.

"I set up a treasure hunt of memories so we could remember everything good in our relationship. Everything we work hard for and everything that made us the couple we are now. This is where it all started. Where I first saw you. The girl that I love with my whole being, the girl that I would give anything just to see happy, the girl who supports and has my back no matter what and most importantly the girl I know I can never live without."

"Brock" I started, my voice shaking.

"You only have to answer one question. Y/N, will you marry me?" He asked pulling out a tiny box that looked like a treasure chest and starting to get down on one knee.

"Yes, of course" I said instantly pulling him back to a standing position before he even made it to his knee. "I'll marry you today, tomorrow, anytime" I breathed a laugh my tears starting to spill.

"I. Love. You. So. Much" Brock said between kisses making me smile.

"Can't be as much as I love you" I kissed him again.

"Oh, you answered right. You get your treasure" he smiled brining my attention back to the box.

"Look how cute, it's an actual little treasure chest! Although, I've always had my treasure, from the day we met in line at that coffee shop" I smiled at him.

He wrapped his arms around me and lifted me up to meet his lips again. I would never need anything, as long as I had him.

Requested by: @toronto88

Thank you for requesting! ❤️❤️❤️