Our Little Secret - Cale Makar

I knew it was against the rules in my apartment building to have pets but when I came across the cutest little kitten I had ever seen I knew I had to have her

I named her Mittens because she was mostly white and gray but had black paws so it looked like she was wearing mittens. She was a sweet, gentle kitten but man was she a runner. Every time the door opened she would be making a mad dash for the hallway. I thought it was adorable but also wondered at what point I should just start thinking she wanted to get away from me.

I had been doing my very best to keep her hidden and I didn't think any of my neighbors had a clue. Even with how much she liked to take off out the door, I always managed to get her back in quickly without anyone noticing.

I reached for the door telling Mittens I was only going out for coffee and was coming right back. I held out hope that she actually understood me and wouldn't try to run but the second I opened the door she bolted, bolted much too quickly for me to catch as I left my front door open to run after her.

When I finally reached her she was in the arms of another. A really attractive male that held Mittens in his arms and stroked the fur at the top of her head with his hand.

"Hey little cutie, where did you come from?" I heard him talk to Mittens as I approached them.

"I'm so sorry she's a runner and likes to bolt the second I open the door, it was harder to catch up with her today" I explained.

"Not a problem, she's adorable" he still pet her fur.

"Thank you, I'm Y/N and this is Mittens" I scratched behind her ear.

"I'm Cale, I'm just moving into this apartment here" he pointed to the door. "Which is the reason I was lucky enough to catch this sweet little girl"

"Nice to meet you, Cale" I held my hand out for him to shake.

"I didn't know we could have pets in this building" he rose an eyebrow at me.

"Our little secret?" I asked him hopeful.

"Our little secret" he smiled handing back Mittens.

"Thank you so much and if you need help moving or anything, I'm not doing anything today after I get back" I smiled taking Mittens from him.

"It's not the moving I'm worried about, that's almost done. A bunch of us got all the big stuff earlier this morning and I only have a few boxes left to get in here. It's actually the organizing and unpacking I'm worried about" he laughed.

"Well lucky for you, organizing and unpacking happen to be two of my specialties" I giggled.

"Well then feel free to help as much as you'd like" he chuckled.

He wasn't just attractive, he seemed super sweet and with me sweet and attractive are a deadly combination. I fell for that combo every time.

I quickly put Mittens back in the apartment and walked down the hall calling a quick "I'll be right back" to Cale. When I returned he seemed stunned that I actually came back to help him and even more stunned I had brought a coffee for him too.