You Haven't Asked Me Yet - Filip Forsberg [Halloween Edition]

"Alright, I've got the popcorn and you've got the candy

"Alright, I've got the popcorn and you've got the candy. We are so ready for this" I smiled settling in next to Filip on our couch.

We lived in an apartment and every year on Halloween we say how we wish we had trick or treaters. This year was different though, this year we decided to forgo all the usual Halloween stuff and have a horror movie marathon. No costumes, no parties just Filip and I with a big bowl of candy, popcorn and a half dozen classic horror movies.

"Which one first?" Filip smiled over at me.

"Whichever you would like to watch first, babe" I smiled as he slung an arm around my shoulders and I pulled a blanket over both of us.

"Alright done" he chuckled pressing play on a movie and settling back into the couch as I leaned against his shoulder and his arms wrapped around me.

"Yesssss Halloween" I laughed wrapping my arms around him. "Went classic huh sweetie?" I giggled rubbing his stomach.

"I felt classic tonight" he kissed my temple.

"I love it" I cuddled more into him.

"You want some candy?" He looked down at me.

"No thank you, not yet" I sighed against him as I relaxed.

"Are you sure?" He pressed on.

"I'm sure, I'll have some later" I lifted my head to smile at him. "Thank you though"

"Ok" he breathed, he almost seemed frustrated.

"Everything ok?" I looked back up at him.

"Perfect"

Something was weird but I wasn't going to push it. I just wanted to enjoy the night with my boyfriend given we rarely got to just have some us time.

We were nearing the end of the movie and suddenly I had a major taste for something sweet and I knew it was time for candy.

"Love?" I questioned kissing his cheek gently.

"Yeah baby?"

"Can I have some candy now?" I smiled at him.

"Of course you can darling" he smiled widely.

He seemed so happy that I wanted candy, that he was giving me candy.

"Here you go" he handed me a king size Kit Kat bar.

"Thanks sweetie" I kissed him quickly.

He watched me intently as I took the candy in my hand and went to open it.

"What?" I looked at him seriously.

"Nothing, I love you" he smiled at me.

"I love you too silly" I went to open the candy again.

There it was that same anxious, intense look of anticipation.

"Filip seriously, what's going on?"

"Nothing, seriously" he chuckled rubbing my arms.

I eyed him for a moment before returning to my candy. Right before I was about to pull it open I noticed the packaging was different yet the same. Something about it wasn't right.

I looked at the candy more closely before turning it over. There was something printed on the packaging. The delicate font against the bold packaging stuck out so much I had no idea how I had missed it in the first place.

"Darling, every year you want trick or treaters. This year you're the only trick or treater I need. Ask me." I read the package out loud. "I don't get it" I turned to Filip.

"That's because you haven't asked me yet" he smiled.

"Asked you what?" I rose an eyebrow before looking back at the packaging. That's when it hit me. "Oh! Umm, trick or treat?" I said still unsure of myself.

The biggest smile I had ever seen him have grew on his face as Filip pulled out a small box and opened it. Inside a beautiful diamond ring was staring back at me.

"Oh my god" I could barely breathe out.

Filip moved to slide off the couch and knelt down on one knee.

"I love you, so much. There's not a day that goes by that I don't believe you're my better half. I know in my heart that I can't live without you. You're the sweetest person I've ever known and the love of my life...give me a lifetime to prove it to you"

I stared at him for a second before my smile grew wider.

"What? What's wrong?" He asked when I didn't speak.

"You haven't asked me yet" I slightly giggled making him take a relieving breath.

"How could I forget" he breathed a laugh. "Y/N?"

"Yes, my love?"

"Will you marry me?"

"Yes I will marry you. Today, tomorrow and any day for the rest of our lives" I leaned down to kiss him softly.

"I love you" he pressed his forehead against mine.

"I love you too" I kissed his lips quickly.

"Oh here" he took the ring out of the box and slipped it on my finger.

"It's gorgeous" I admired it.

"I thought of you when I saw it" he kissed my cheek.

"I love it" I smiled at him "and I love that you got my favorite candy" I giggled picking up the candy again.

"You're going to share that with your fiancé right?" He laughed.

"Hmm I don't know a bride needs her strength" I joked as he basically tackled me in a hug making me giggle.

I ended up sharing the candy with him, just like I planned to share everything else with him for the rest of our lives.

Special Halloween request for: @jaakiekko

Thank you for letting me write it for you!!
🧡🖤🧡🖤🧡