Excited - Connor McDavid

"Be safe" my parents called running out of the house

My little brother had gone to a hockey workshop for the morning and my parents didn't even realize they double booked themselves. They had a lunch with a friend they completely forgot about. So, instead of them canceling their lunch, I offered to pick up my little brother for them.

"Everything's fine, I've done this before" I giggled waving them off.

I sat around reading until it was time to pick my brother up. I was so comfortable at that point that I regretted ever telling my parents that I would. But I knew I had to so I threw a jacket on and headed to my car before I was late.

When I walked into the rink I noticed all the kids were still on the ice and the parents were sitting in the stands watching. And I thought my procrastination was going to cause me to be late.

"What's going on? They're running late?" I asked one of the kids' moms who I knew from seeing around and their son hanging out with my brother.

"One of the Edmonton Oilers showed up as a surprise guest and they've all been going crazy. I think they should be finishing up now though"

"Well that's pretty cool, that was nice of them to take time out of their day to come to something like this" I said taking a seat on the bleachers.

I scrolled through my phone until they were done and my brother came bouncing over to me.

"Did you see that? Did you see who's here Y/N?" He asked excitedly.

"I heard you had a real life Edmonton Oiler out there with you huh?" I patted his helmet gently with a smile.

"He's awesome, he told me I could handle the puck really well" he smiled widely.

"Well because you can bud, now go change so we can go home" I giggled as he ran away to change.

I relaxed and looked through my phone as it felt like every kid had came out except my brother. Of course he was taking his time.

"Don't take this the wrong way, but you look way too young to have a kid in this workshop" I heard a male voice say with a chuckle.

"First off, what female would take being called young looking the wrong way and secondly, I'm just here for my little brother" I giggled looking up from my phone.

Ok, he was attractive. Wasn't expecting that.

"True and that makes more sense" he rubbed the back of his head. "I'm Connor" he made his way to the bleachers in front of me and held out his hand.

"Y/N" I slightly got off the bleachers to shake his hand gently. "Are you a new coach or something like that?" I asked with a tilt of my head. He looked so familiar but I couldn't put my finger on where I had seen him before.

"Something kind of like that" he chuckled. "I just came to help out for the day"

"Oh my god, you're the Oilers player aren't you?" I asked a little louder than I wanted to when the realization hit me.

Connor laughed with a nod of his head.

"That would be me" he said through his laughter.

"I knew you looked familiar" I giggled shaking my head. "That was awesome of you to take some time out of your day for something like this" I smiled slightly up at him.

"I love helping the kids, they get excited and I get excited that I can do something good with my time" he shrugged.

"That's so sweet of you" I said softly.

"Sweet enough to...let me take you out for coffee right now?" He asked nervously.

Oh. Well that was unexpected as well.

"As much as I would love to, my parents are at lunch with a friend and I'm in charge of taking my brother home and making sure he's safe till they get home" I said sadly. "I don't want to rush them during their lunch"

"I understand. If you really want to go" he started as he took my phone out of my hand and entered his contact information. "There's my number, call or text me when they're done and we'll go then" he smiled handing my phone back to me.

"Really? You're not crazy busy today?" I asked shocked.

"This was the only thing I had planned" he smiled over at me. "And now hopefully taking a beautiful girl for coffee"

"Connor?" I asked as he started to turn away making him turn back to me. "Are you hungry?" I asked with a smile.

"I can eat" he smiled back.

"I can make us something at my parents house? And when they get home we can go for coffee?"

Before he could answer, my brother came running over excited to go home.

"Are we ready to go home?" My brother asked quickly before catching sight of Connor.

"I can follow you?" Connor asked with an amused smile.

"Sounds good" I giggled as he motioned for me to lead the way.

"Is it ok that Connor has lunch with us?" I asked my brother seriously.

"Are you serious? This is awesome!" He went running, making sure to stay close to us but walking quickly to the car.

"He's so excited" I breathed a laugh watching my brother.

"He's not the only one" Connor smiled slipping his hand into mine as we walked.

"Make that three of us" I smiled back gripping his hand a little.

Requested by: moveslikejagr

Thanks for requesting! 🧡🤍💙🧡🤍💙