Burn - Jamie Benn

"Tyler!" I called into his place as I stuck the key back in my pocket

"Tyler!" I called into his place as I stuck the key back in my pocket. "Ty!" I called again when I didn't get an answer. "Why am I shocked he's not even here when he was adamant on me not being late?" I said to myself with a laugh.

"Because you're always late" Jamie walked out of the hallway and into the living room making me roll my eyes.

Jamie Benn. For as long as I had known Tyler and been close friends with him, Jamie and I had not gotten along. Don't get me wrong, I had tried...I had tried my very hardest but he didn't make it easy.

He was arrogant, egotistical and just flat out mean to me most of the time. I had always played it off though for Tyler's sake. Having two of his closest friends not get along couldn't have been easy on him.

"I am not always late" I crossed my arms holding them against my body.

"Whatever, I didn't know you were coming" he said flatly grabbing his jacket.

"And I didn't know you were coming" I started dryly as I watched him pull on his jacket, paying extra special attention to how his muscles moved under his shirt. If I didn't have such a distaste for the man, I would be completely in love with him. "Probably wouldn't have come if I did" I finished finally snapping out of it and pulling my eyes back to the ground as his head shot towards me.

"I'm so sorry I'm late, I went to get coffee for everyone and there was a long line" Tyler smiled walking through the front door still in his lounge clothes. "What?" He asked looking between Jamie and I who each had our arms crossed to some degree. "Oh right, you guys didn't know the other was coming...ok that was my bad" he chuckled as Jamie and I dropped our arms with a groan moving to grab the coffee he bought.

"I wouldn't be going to this movie if I knew there would be unpleasantness" I spoke softly to Tyler hoping Jamie didn't hear but his loud exhale of air that resembled a laugh showed me he definitely did. "I'm sorry, was I talking to you?" I snapped.

"Ok come on" Tyler said pulling me off to the side.

"What? He started it" I gave jamie a glare his way as Tyler pulled my attention back to him by snapping his fingers in front of my face.

"Hey, hey listen. I'm sorry I didn't tell you but let's just have a good day ok? I'd like to spend an awesome day with you both without having to play mommy to my two bickering best friends who are acting like children"

"I'm sorry Ty, I'll try my best" I wrapped my arms around his middle and pulled him into a hug.

"Thank you" he spoke against my hair.

I knew his situation wasn't an easy one and if I could take any of that pressure off of him I was sure going to try.

"You know I'd do anything for you" I gripped him a little tighter before letting go. "Now go get ready before we're really late" I giggled as he ran down the hall to change. "And by the way you wouldn't be mommy you'd...you know what never mind" I shook my head as he disappeared down the hall.

"This is yours" Jamie walked over to me holding out the coffee he had grabbed from Tyler.

"Oh, thanks" I switched the coffees in our hands before deciding enough was enough. "Jamie, what is this? Why can't we get along? What is it about me that you hate so much? Please tell me so I can try to fix it...for Tyler's sake" I almost pleaded, seeing Tyler's deflated face was enough to break me...I had to make things right.

"I don't hate anything about you, I just don't want to lose Tyler" he said softly his back still to me.

"Well that's stupid" I scoffed moving to turn away.

"No" he turned quickly to come face to face with me, barely any room between us. I flinched at his closeness. "You know what's stupid? Falling in love with your best friends other best friend. No matter how hard you try to deny it. Using hatred as some sick psychological excuse for being completely in love with them...but you still can't help but burn inside every time they're near you, so you keep a distance because if you fucked it up you'd not only lose them but your best friend too. That's. Stupid."

My eyes were locked on his, searching for any hint that his words were a joke. I couldn't find one.

"I'll just be another second" Tyler called from the back rooms.

"Take your time" I called back, not realizing my voice would come out cracked and strained.

"Maybe I shouldn't go today" Jamie said softly starting to turn away before my hand falling on his forearm stopped him.

"Do you feel that burn inside right now?" My voice barely came out above a whisper.

"Yeah" he said quietly with a slight nod of his head.

"Me too" I took a deep breath trying to hold my tears at bay. "We've hated each other for so long how...how could we even make this work?" I sniffled.

"We can make it work" he took my face in both of his hands.

"But how Jamie?" I let a few tears escape, the feeling of his skin against mine overwhelming me.

"Sweetheart, you already know the worst about me...and I about you. If we could get over our past, we could have a good future together" he used his thumbs to brush the tears off my cheeks. "And I'm ready for it" He looked at me expectantly.

"If you're really ready you better kiss me then" I said not bringing my eyes away from his as a smile spread slowly on his face.

"So bossy" he chuckled lightly before pressing his lips to mine with a smile.

I wrapped my arms around him and held him tightly against me.

"How are we going to tell Tyler?" I mumbled against his chest.

"He'll figure it out" he breathed a laugh kissing the top of my head.

"If he doesn't hurry we will definitely be late" I giggled pulling out my phone to check the time.

"It doesn't matter" he smiled wrapping his arms around my shoulders from behind.

"What...did I miss?" Tyler asked entering the room again.

"A lot I guess" I smiled up at Jamie.

"Ok, weird" Tyler shook his head lightly. "but if we leave right now we'll still make it" he said quickly grabbing his jacket. "Oh" he stopped as he opened the door. "It's about fucking time but don't make me a third wheel for the love-"

"Come one Ty" I pushed him out of the door with a giggle. "Hey" I stopped Jamie grabbing his arm as he went to pass me. "Now that this is happening...are you sure you still burn inside?" I asked him with wide eyes hoping the novelty of wanting what he couldn't have hadn't worn off.

"Definitely" he kissed my lips quickly.

"Me too" I smiled grabbing his hand he was extending to me.

Requested by: Carnivoria

Thank you for requesting!!! 💚🤍🖤💚🤍🖤