My Knight - Tyler Seguin

"I changed my mind, I'm not going" I said aloud to my best friend Becca as I looked at my reflection in the mirror

"What?!" She said popping her head into my bathroom.

"I changed my mind" I shrugged.

"Whyyyyy" she whined making her way fully into the bathroom.

"Becca, look at me" I stated putting my hands out motioning to my outfit.

"You look great" she said cheerfully.

"I look ridiculous"

"You're coming out tonight, you need to" she pointed at me and walked out.

I didn't need to do anything I was perfectly fine. I'm not one for the bar scene, I much prefer a quite night in and for that everyone always thinks there's something wrong with me.

"Car's here!" Becca yelled from the other room pulling me from my thoughts.

"Coming" I muttered and against my better judgement threw my shoes on and followed Becca out the door.

"Im gonna grab a drink" I leaned over to Becca shortly after arriving at the bar.

"Get me something fruity" she smiled brightly clearly more excited to be there than I was.

I dragged myself over to the bar. I didn't make a move to motion for help, the way I saw it the longer it took for me to get served the more time it would eat up.

"Have you ordered already?" Asked a dark haired man that had made his way next to me.

"Nope, haven't asked yet" I slightly laughed "trying to hold off handling this whole bar thing as long as I can"

"Aww come on you're not enjoying yourself?" He asked motioning to the surroundings with his arms. I rolled my eyes at him and held back a chuckle. "Tyler" he finished extending a hand with a smile.

"Y/N" I laughed lightly taking his hand in mine.

"What can I get you guys?" The bartender asked leaning over the bar.

"Can I get two beers and...whatever she wants" Tyler said throwing me a smile.

"Oh, you don't have to do that I-" I started before Tyler cut me off.

"I want to, get whatever you need"

"I'll take a beer and umm something...fruity" I stifled a laugh at how ridiculous it sounded.

"How fruity?" The bartender asked raising and eyebrow.

"Fruity...the sweeter the better" I cringed.

"You got it" the bartender walked away.

"Didn't peg you for a fruity drink kinda girl" Tyler laughed after a moment of silence.

"I'm not, Becca is. The beer is for me. That was very nice of you by the way you didn't have to do that"

"Anytime, maybe it'll help you handle this whole bar thing" he gave me a genuine smile.

"Here you are" the bartender put down our drinks. We both said a quick thank you to the bartender and grabbed our drinks.

"Thanks again, maybe we'll see you around" I motioned to the drinks.

"My pleasure" he motioned back as we parted ways.

I walked over to Becca who was making herself at home talking with a group of people.

"One fruity drink" I said holding it out to her.

"Thanks, how much do I owe you?"

"Tyler paid for it" I explained taking a drink.

"Oh, ok. Wait...who's Tyler?!" She looked at me confused.

I laughed and made small talk with the group Becca had already become acquainted with.

I finished the last of my drink and before I could excuse myself to grab another I felt a hand on my elbow. I turned to see Tyler smiling holding out another drink.

"I figured you could use another one by now" he explained with a bright smile.

"You were 100% right" I laughed. "Thank you my knight in shining armor"

"Every princess has to have a knight" he laughed.

"Y/N, are you going to introduce us?" Becca questioned.

"This must be Becca" Tyler said holding out his hand. She raised her eyebrows in confusion.

"Becca, this is Tyler" I motioned to him with the drink he'd brought over.

"Oh, he delivers" Becca laughed raising an eyebrow at me and shaking Tyler's hand. "Nice to meet you"

"Likewise" he gave a small laugh as Becca went back to mingling with the group.

"You were wrong before you know" I slightly laughed looking at Tyler.

"About what?" He looked puzzled.

"Every princess needing a knight, princesses, I believe, want a prince"

"I mean yeah, princes are cool and all that but knights will fight for you, protect you and will go to any lengths to do so. They're devoted" he smiled.

"In some weird way you might be right" I thought for a second "yeah no, you're right I want a knight" I laughed.

"Good thing you found one" he said leaning over to me and laying his hand on my arm. I felt my skin grow hot at his touch and a tinge in my stomach.

"Good thing" I smirked looking up at him.

His friends started calling him to leave and he looked back at me quickly.

"Do you want to maybe go out sometime, a setting you're more comfortable with?" He questioned with hope in his eyes.

"I would love that" I smiled.

He handed me his phone and I did the same with him. We entered our numbers and handed the phones back.

We chuckled when we realized what each other had put their name in as.

'Knight🗡' was written in my phone and I had put my number under 'Princess👑' in his.

"I'll text you soon princess" Tyler said reaching over and lightly kissing my cheek.

"Looking forward to it" I smiled as he walked to join his friends.

I apologize this is so bad I promise these will get better! Feel free to send in requests so I can write for you! :)