The Look - Miro Heiskanen

"Can you toss me my keys?" My brother Joe asked from across the room

"Sure thing, JP" I grinned tossing his keys to him.

"You know I hate it when you call me that" he shot me a look.

"Why do you think I do it?" I laughed.

"I'll be back later, remember be safe and call me if you need anything"

"Yes yes I know. Don't answer the door for strangers and no using the stove" I smirked at him.

"You become more of a smart ass everyday" he chuckled. "Love you sis, I'll see you later tonight"

"Love you too, bro. Be safe out there" I called after him as he walked out and shut the door.

I had been staying with my brother for a few months since I had just moved to town and while I loved being able to spend so much time with him, sometimes he drove me crazy with how protective he was.

Living with Joe Pavelski had its restrictions. I had to watch what time I came in because he needed his sleep for practice and game days, I had to cook relatively healthy if I was going to cook, and I couldn't even think about dating one of his teammates. He made that very clear it was forbidden before he took me to meet them for the first time.

I thought his restrictions were for the most part completely reasonable. I would understand and do the same thing if the roles were reversed. I knew I had to move out soon and as I heard the doorbell ring I knew the biggest reason why was right behind that door.

"Hey babe" I said opening the door to Miro's smiling face.

"Hey sweetheart" he scooped me up in his arms and kissed me hard.

When I first met the team I was trying to follow my brothers restrictions and it turned out to be easier than I thought, until I met Miro Heiskanen. I was drawn to everything about him. He was sweet, funny and treats me so well. We've been seeing each other since shortly after we met.

I hated lying to my brother and sneaking around behind his back but getting to be with Miro was worth it. The way Miro looked at me made me feel all warm inside. He had a certain look that when I saw that look on his face, it would melt me into a puddle.

"How was your day?" He asked pulling me to sit in his lap on the couch.

"Amazing" I smiled snuggling into him. "How was yours?"

"Much better now" he planted kisses from my cheek to my lips. "What time will your brother be back?"

"He usually texts me, but he said probably not till around ten" I smiled at him.

"I get five whole hours with my beautiful girl? I'm a lucky guy" he smiled.

"Five whole hours...what will we ever do with all that time?" I joked as I slowly pulled him to me.