Flutters - Auston Matthews

"Can I get you anything else?" Auston asked sympathetically as he handed over a cup of herbal tea

It had been a rough pregnancy so far. I constantly felt sick, was always drained and I was becoming increasingly more and more uncomfortable. Some days were better than others, but today was not one of those days.

"No thank you baby, can you just come sit with me please?" I reached my arms out like a little kid.

"I was already planning on it" he smiled moving to settle on the couch with me.

He sat at the corner of the couch with his legs stretched across it and pulled me into his lap. I leaned against him, hot chocolate in hand and enjoyed the comfort of just getting to be with him.

"How's the little one feeling?" He asked softly rubbing his hands over my growing baby bump.

"Little one is fine, it's mommy I'm not so sure about" I laughed rubbing my hands over his.

I was about 22 weeks pregnant with our first baby and even though it had been rough, the journey was still wonderful. We had decided to wait to find out the gender. We wanted to be surprised, we thought it would be more fun that way.

"I know it's been rough but it will be worth it" he kissed my temple.

"Oh I know it will be" I smiled. "Do you think the little ones comfortable in there?"

"I think he or she is very comfortable in there. You're making a very good first home for them" he kissed the top of my head.

"I hope so, I just want them to always be happy" I sighed rubbing my belly slightly making sure to steer clear of where Auston was resting his hand.

"They will always be happy because you're their mommy" he rubbed my stomach a bit.

"And you're their daddy, you're going to be the best daddy ever" I leaned back to kiss his cheek as he smiled at me.

Just then I felt a little flutter in my belly. I had felt it earlier but I wasn't sure what it was. Now with the way I was positioned I was sure of what it was.

"Do you feel that?" I asked softly to Auston.

"Feel what, babe?"

"That" I smiled after I positioned his hand to make sure he could feel what I was feeling.

"That little fluttering?"

"Mhmm"

"Yeah I felt that before" he chuckled softly.

"That's our baby kicking" I tilted my head up to smile at him.

"It is?" The look on his face was precious. His eyes were wide and his mouth slightly hung open.

"It definitely is" I couldn't stop looking at him.

"That's amazing, that's the best little flutters ever" he kept his hand on my belly the whole time. "Does it hurt you when the little one does that?" He asked seriously.

"No it just feels like flutters, as you called it, in my belly" I grinned.

"Good, good. I don't ever want them to stop fluttering" he smiled making me giggle a little.

"It's not really called fluttering sweetheart, it's called kicking" I continued giggling.

"They'll Always be flutters" he smiled widely at me.

"Whatever you say" I shook my head with a laugh.

"Do you think the little one can hear me?" He asked with a look of contemplation on his face.

"I think they can definitely hear you" I smiled up at him.

"Alright little one, here's the deal. Never stop fluttering, I love your little flutters." He rubbed my belly softly.

"You're too adorable" I smiled kissing his cheek gently.

"You know what's adorable?" He smirked at me.

"Flutters?" I giggled.

"Absolutely" he gripped me tight.

From that day on if the baby was kicking, his hands were on my belly. When we were resting, his hands rested on my belly waiting for the 'flutters'. He even took to talking to the baby at least once a day hoping the baby would give him the "flutters" he's come to love.

Player Requested by: @taty10__

Thanks for requesting! ❤️❤️❤️