Good To Know - Auston Matthews

I had just thrown the last of my laundry in the dryer when I heard my front door open

"Y/N?" I heard from the living room.

"I'm coming!" I yelled running into the living room with a basket of fresh laundry. "How was dinner?" I asked excitedly settling on the couch to fold laundry.

"It was ok" he said almost sadly settling in on the couch next to me and grabbing a towel.

"What was wrong with this one?" I asked giving him a serious look.

"Nothing was wrong, she's just not really my type"

"Auston, no one is ever your type" I laughed taking the now folded towel from him. "Let me try to set you up"

"That is not true and I'll take a Pass" he laughed grabbing another towel.

"Come on, why not?"

"I'm just going to go home" he said starting to get up.

"Nooo! Don't leave, we barely ever get to spend time just the two of us. Since you called it an early night, want to watch a movie?" I looked up at him hopeful. I wasn't going to lie to myself, the more time I had spent with Auston the more my feelings had grown.

I knew he was actively trying to find someone he could call his and it pained me every time he would tell me excitedly that he had a date. The more dates he went on the more I was craving alone time with Auston even if it was just as friends.

"I get to pick the movie" he smiled.

"Deal! I'm going to go put these clothes away and make some popcorn, pick a movie" I smiled handing him the remote.

I put the clothes away as quickly as I could and by the time I made it to the kitchen Auston was already making hot chocolate.

"Hot chocolate? I love when you make hot chocolate" I smiled brightly.

"We can still make popcorn" he beamed sliding me a mug.

"If you want to" I grabbed the cup eagerly.

"Popcorn can wait" he poured the rest of the hot chocolate in my mug and led the way to the living room.

"Wow you work fast" I joked looking around the living room.

He had set up the tv, pillows and blankets just the way I liked it when I was binging a great show or just wanted a cozy night in. We set our hot chocolate down and got comfortable on the couch before Auston grabbed the remote.

"Hey Y/N?" Auston called lightly over to me.

"Yeah?" I asked curiously

"It's cold, keep me warm" he laughed with his arms out.

"You big baby" I laughed leaning against him with my hot chocolate in hand and pulling the blanket over us both.

My heart skipped a beat when I felt Auston's arms fall over my body and pull me to him gently. My breath hitched as his arm settled around my waist and his hand found its way to my thigh.

"I'm sorry but I'm glad your date didn't go so well" I said seriously without even thinking.

I could feel Auston's eyes on me without turning my head. "Me too"

"Sure you are" I giggled taking another sip of hot chocolate. "I'm sorry you're spending your night with me instead of her" I explained my words tugging at my heart.

"I'm not" I could still feel his eyes on me, this time turning my head to meet him. "I wouldn't want to be here with anyone but you, I don't want to be here with anyone but you"

"What?" I asked breathlessly.

"Y/N, the only reason I date the way I do is because..." he stopped breaking his gaze with me.

I put a hand under his chin and brought his eyes back up to mine. "Because why?"

"You haven't realized I'm in love with you yet, have you?" He looked at me sadly.

"Did I just hear you right? Are you messing with me?" My heartbeat sped up and my palms started to sweat.

"Since the day we met it just...keeps getting stronger no matter what I do or how much I try to deny it"

I swallowed hard, completely at a loss for words.

"I'm sorry, I'll go home" Auston moved to get up.

Before I knew what took over my body I grabbed him by his collar and pulled him to me crashing my lips on his. After a few seconds the tenseness that filled his body loosened and I felt his arm wrap around me and pulled me to him once more.

When we pulled away he looked at me, both shock in his eyes and a smile on his lips.

"What was that for?" He asked with a laugh.

"For loving me, for making me love you"

"You love me?"

"Since the day we met" the smile grew on his face at my words and I felt butterflies growing in my stomach.

"So, if I asked you to be my girlfriend would you say yes?"

"I would" I smiled.

"Good to know" he laughed as I playfully pushed his shoulder and he pecked my lips quickly. "Hey, you're going to spill your hot chocolate come here" he pulled me to him and held me tightly in his arms.

He started the movie and I watched his every move instead of the movie. Throughout the movie he would kiss my temple or rub his hand on my arms making me melt more and more into him. It all felt like a dream, a dream I never wanted to wake up from. I had never been so grateful for a bad date.

Prompt: 24. "You haven't realized I'm in love with you yet, have you?"