Better Than Heels - Tyler Seguin

As I was getting ready for my blind date the only thing that kept running through my head were the words my friend told me right before she approved my outfit and left

'No heels, that would be awkward'

I couldn't help but question why it would be awkward. Did he not like heels? Was he short? Was he shorter than me? I had no idea.

I had an odd feeling about the whole night. We had chatted a bit through text the night before and he seemed like a nice enough guy, it just wasn't exciting like I felt it should have been. It was kind of boring. I decided to shrug it off.

I didn't have anything without a heel that went with the outfit that had been chosen so I decided to leave a little earlier and run to get a nice pair of shoes without a heel that would match my outfit.

I threw on a pair of converse and hurried out the door. I hadn't eaten all day since I knew I was going out and the hunger was starting to get the best of me.

I ran into a shoe store near where I was supposed to be meeting my blind date and grabbed a pair of shoes. I was waiting to turn out of the strip mall when I felt my car jerk like someone had hit me from behind.

Annoyed, I put my car in park called the police and jumped out of the car. A guy around my age got out of the other car and started walking towards me.

"I already called the police they should be here soon" I informed not even looking up from my phone.

"You work fast" I could almost hear the smirk on his face.

I already thought I was going to be late for my blind date because I had to stop for shoes and now the accident would definitely make me late. I was fully agitated...and hungry.

I finished typing and sending my apology text that I would be late and put my phone in my pocket.

"Look, I just want to get this done as soon as possible" I said finally looking up and really getting a good look at the guy. I had more to say but the sight of him stopped me in my tracks. Yeah, he was attractive but the smile on his face was really what stopped me.

"You in a hurry or something?" He grinned leaning against his car.

"Yeah actually, I am. I have something to do" I said crossing my arms.

"What, you got a date or something?" He laughed lightly.

"Actually, I do" I tried looking anywhere but straight at him.