Home - Elias Lindholm

"Elias?" I called walking into the house

"I'm back here" I heard him yell from the backyard.

I put down my things and made my way to the backyard where I saw he had dinner set up already and a blanket laid out.

"I thought we could have some dinner outside tonight and then just relax and watch the stars?" He questioned.

"Perfect" I wrapped my arms around his middle and hugged him tightly.

We ate dinner and caught each other up on our days. My favorite part of the day was venting to Elias if I had to, sometimes things would get stressful.

"This is so beautiful" I said almost breathlessly laying on my back on the blanket he had set out.

"With how crazy everything seems to be around us everyday, I thought you might enjoy some relaxing down time" Elias smiled down at me.

"You were right sir" I beamed as he got himself situated and I laid my head on his chest.

"I never take time to stop and watch the stars anymore or the clouds, the moon, anything for that matter. I forget how beautiful and moving the simple things can be" I breathed in.

"I would not object if we do this more often" he wrapped his arms around me and kissed the top of my head.

"I would love that" I smiled, fully enjoying that moment with him.

"Look at that little cluster of stars, it's beautiful" I could hear the smile on his face.

"Look, there's Ursa Minor!" I exclaimed happily. "And Polaris! The North Star! I love the North Star" I took a breath in relaxingly.

"Really?" He sounded shocked.

"Well yeah" I half shrugged. "You know they say as long as you can find the North Star your heart will find your home" I looked up at him.

"That's really good to know, you know...just in case" he shifted to grip me tighter.

"In case...you randomly get lost in the woods?" I joked with a laugh.

"No silly, if I ever lose you" he rubbed my head.

"Huh?" I asked confused.

"You said as long as you can find the North Star your heart will find your home" he repeated.

"Yeahhh..." I drew it out in an effort to get him to continue.

"If I ever lose you all I have to do is find the North Star, my heart knows you're my home" he finished with a light kiss to the top of my head.

I choked back tears and sniffled away the few that were threatening to escape my eyes.

"I love you, you know that right?" I asked looking up to him.

"I do, and I hope you know I love you" he smiled genuinely.

"I do, you're my home too" I reached up and kissed him lightly.

We both knew that in that moment, something as simple as watching the stars had beat any time we had spent together. That nothing else would top that moment, it was the moment that made everything so clear to both of us. We had found our home.

Requested by: @Aimee_Lindholm_Babin

Thanks for requesting ❤️