Doesn't Matter - Dominik Kubalik

"You almost ready to go?" Dominik asked from my doorway

"Almost" I said not even glancing at him.

I had agreed to go with him to an event but that was when everything was ok. When we weren't fighting.

Dominik always valued our friendship, I completely understood that, but when I joked about possibly going out with one of his teammates I suddenly wasn't so sure.

He seemed to get irritated and told me his teammates were off limits...that pissed me off because he was always trying to get with my friends when we first became friends.

He said I would just get hurt, he said he didn't want to end up picking up the pieces. He made sure to give me a reason not to date every single person on his team, but he was too stupid to realize the only one I wanted to be with was him.

It hadn't always been that way, when we first met I thought he was going to be my best friend and partner in crime. But the past month I started longing for him, wanting more time with him, wanting to touch him more. My skin would burn at his touch and my eyes drifted to his lips far too many times than I could count.

"You ok?" He asked as I struggled with my necklace.

"Yeah I'm fine, I got it" I replied still not looking at him.

We were still angry with each other. The only other time we had been angry with each other was a few months after we became friends. That was a rough time and it didn't even compare to the fight we had had only a few days prior. Hurtful names and sarcastic digs were thrown around more than they should have, since they shouldn't have been at all.

"Just let me" he sighed moving to me.

I reluctantly gave the necklace up to him. The clasp was complicated and without looking at it proved to be very difficult to get on.

He ducked his head to focus on the clasp. I could feel his breath on the back of my neck from how close he was and it gave me shivers down my spine. I hated that with how mad I was at him, he still had the affect on me that he did.

"There" he said when I finally heard the clasp of the necklace click.

"Thank you" I said softly as I turned around to face him.

"We should get going, we'll be late"

I nodded before noticing his tie was crooked. I thought about just letting it go but thought better of it in case it somehow made a difference and that was thought of as my fault too.

I lightly reached out and straightened his tie slowly. That's when I noticed his face soften.

"Sorry, it was crooked" I explained smoothing it out.

"Thank you"

It was silent for a few seconds before he spoke again.

"That dress is beautiful" he finally almost whispered.

"Thank you, there weren't many options I liked in the color you chose. This was the one I liked the best. I was really hoping you'd like it when I bought it" I explained.

"You make any dress beautiful" he said rubbing at the fabric of the dress right above my hip.

"Wh-what?" I was barely able to stutter out.

"Nothing" he went to turn away from me.

"Hey" I called tugging at his arm to pull him back to face me. "You sure you want me to go with you tonight?"

"Positive, are you sure you want to come with me tonight?"

"Positive, I know you're mad at me and things might be awkward between us but I promised to go with you and I'm not going to let you down" I explained trying to keep my emotions in check.

"I'm not-" he cut himself off to take a deep breath "I'm not mad at you, I was more frustrated"

"I'm sorry I frustrated you" I sighed dropping my hand from his arm.

"I wasn't frustrated with you I was frustrated with myself" he breathed a laugh running his hand through his hair.

"Why?" I asked confused.

"Doesn't matter" he rubbed his face. "You ready?"

"Yeah, yeah I'm ready" I was deflated. There was definitely something he wanted to say, but wouldn't. "Wait one second, you messed up your hair"

I reached up gently tucking his hair back in place where it was supposed to be. His eyes were on me. If I couldn't see I definitely could feel it. I looked up to catch his eyes with mine as my hand slowly fell from his hair to the back of his neck. I didn't have it in me to remove my hand and the look on his face told me he didn't want me to either.

"I-" he started before I let my impulses take over and used my hand that was behind his neck to pull him to me and claim his lips with mine.

I was fully expecting him to pull away and ask me to leave. I definitely thought I stepped over the line and ruined our friendship.

To my surprise he grabbed me by the waist and pulled me completely against him, deepening the kiss. It was hard to catch my breath when he finally pulled away.

"Dom-" I started before he cut me off.

"No, no, no, no one more" he pulled me back to him and crashed his lips on mine again. I couldn't help but smile against his lips. "Now you can yell at me" he breathed when he pulled away.

"I was actually just going to say we're going to be late" I lightly giggled.

"Oh...doesn't matter" he smiled placing his hands on both sides of my face.

"In that case" I grinned pulling his lips to mine again.

"But I thought you wanted to date-" he started before I cut him off.

"Doesn't matter, I only ever wanted to be with you but I didn't think that would ever be a possibility" I explained sadly still unsure of what was going on.

"Do you still want to be with me?" He looked at me seriously as he placed his hands on my hips.

"Of course I do" I started as I hung my head dreading the answer to the next question. "Do you want to be with me?"

"Definitely" he smiled down at me.

"But what about-" he cut me off.

"Doesn't matter" he grinned.

"But you didn't even know what I was going to say." I laughed.

"Doesn't matter what you were going to say, it doesn't matter nothing matters except that we want to be together. So what's stopping us?" He looked at me seriously.

My answer was wrapping my arms around his middle and kissing him again gently.

"Now we're really going to be late" I laughed lightly pecking his cheek a few times.

He looked at me with a smile.

"I know, I know, it doesn't matter" I smiled back leaning up to kiss him sweetly again.

Player Requested by: @B0YPABL0

Thank you for requesting! ❤️❤️❤️