I'm In - Adam Lowry

"Oh god" I rubbed my head as I tried to muster up all the courage I could to sit up in bed

"Good morning" I heard Adam say walking through the door. "Thought you might need this"

"I shouldn't have drank that much last night, you shouldn't have let me drink that much last night" I giggled taking the aspirin and water Adam was handing out.

"I tried telling you that you might want to slow down a bit" he chuckled taking a seat on the bed.

"And?" I looked at him expectantly.

"You told me to take another shot with you" he smiled at me.

"Of course I did" I breathed a laugh before taking the aspirin. "Thank you for this by the way" I motioned to the water as I placed it on the end table.

Adam smiled as I turned back to him, a smile that had never failed to give me butterflies and make my heart beat like it was trying to escape my chest.

I had spent the better part of a year dating Mark Scheifele, also known as one of Adam's close friends and teammates. When I was first introduced to Adam, we were instant friends. In fact, when Mark and I decided mutually to end things, Adam didn't hesitate to help me through the breakup.

That's what made my feelings for him all the more complicated. Not only did I date a friend of his, but he almost single handedly helped me move past the hurt when that relationship ended...and yet I couldn't stop myself from feeling things when he smiled at me, touched me or even at the mere sound of his voice when he called me.

"Of course" he reached out and laced his fingers on one hand with mine.

Confusion twisted through my body.

"When you feel like it, get ready. I'm taking you to breakfast" he stood up and leaned over with a smile before pressing his lips to mine slowly. It took me a second to process what was happening before I kissed him back, still not sure of what was happening. "Some grease might do you well right now" he smiled again before turning towards the door.

"I'm sorry...did you just kiss me Lowry?" I finally let the shock seep out of my body.

"I'm sorry, did you not want me to? I just, I didn't want to last night because we had both been drinking but I couldn't wait and I kind of thought that this was where this was heading after last night an-" he rambled off before I cut him off.

"Wait, what about last night? What happened last night?" I asked confused, standing up and running my hands through my hair.

"You don't remember last night?" He asked wide eyed and nervous.

"Not...not all of it" I confessed honestly. "God, how drunk was I?"

"Oh, oh god. Ok, I'm sorry. I'm just...I'm just going to go" he turned to leave.