Wait And See - Brock Boeser

I finished putting in my earrings as I heard Brock calling my name through the front door

"I'm in my room!" I called back grabbing a wrap and my purse.

I had met Brock a few months prior at a cafe nearby. We became quick friends and kept in contact often, even when we were busy.

When he asked me to accompany him to his teammate, Bo Horvat's, wedding I initially refused...until he wouldn't let me.

He begged me for three days straight to go to the wedding with him. He called and texted multiple times, sent flowers, begged on his knees anything and everything he could think of. I didn't know why he was so adamant on taking me but his persistence made me eventually give in.

"I'm ready" I smiled as Brock appeared in the hallway.

"And you're stunning, try not to make every single girl jealous tonight" he laughed.

"If they are it's only because I was invited by the one and only Brock Boeser" I giggled pulling him in for a hug.

"Let's go, you goof" he laughed giving me a quick hug before we headed to the car.

When we finally made it to the reception I was ready to have some fun. The bustle of everything leading up to the reception made it hard to see or talk to anyone. We found our assigned seats and realized we were the first from our table to arrive.

"I'll go get us some drinks, do you want anything else?" Brock asked.

"I'm good thank you, do you want me to come with you?" I asked motioning to get up.

"No, no, you relax I got it" he rubbed my back lightly.

"Thanks" I smiled as Brock headed off to get us drinks.

I looked over the food list that was left on our plates and the other decorations at the table when I felt someone over my shoulder suddenly.

"You look beautiful as always" I turned my head to see Elias smiling at me.

"Elias!" I popped out of my seat to wrap my arms around him.

Elias was a great friend. He was always there when I needed him, people had grown to call us twins because of how close we had become.

"Look at you all handsome" I had my hands on either side of his face squeezing his cheeks. "Are you at our table?" I asked hopefully.

"I sure am" he smiled against my hands.

"Stealing my date Pettersson?" Brock laughed approaching us.

"Wouldn't dream of it" Elias laughed as he took his seat.

"My favorite" I smiled at Brock taking the drink he was offering out of his hands. "Thank you"

"Of course" he smiled taking his seat like I had just done.

"Whoa, Y/N, how did Boeser manage to convince you to be his date?" Quinn asked with a laugh as he sat at the table with us.

"Begging and pleading Hughes, begging and pleading" I giggled.

"Hey, there was no pleading, ok?" Brock laughed with fake offense causing the rest of the table that was now joining us to laugh.

"Mhmm" I turned from Brock to see Elias giving me a look. "What?" I asked confused.

"Dance with me" he smiled with a gesture of his head to the dance floor.

They were playing soft music before the reception actually got started and there were very few people dancing, but I couldn't say no to him. I stood up from my seat and reached my hand into his that was extended. He led me to the dance floor and smiled as I wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his around my waist.

"This is a beautiful wedding" I breathed looking around at the wedding venue.

"It sure is, you think when you and Brock get married you'll have a big beautiful wedding like this?" He asked.

"What? Brock and I aren't getting married. We're friends" I giggled.

"Wait and see, I'm calling it now" he laughed as I shook my head.

"You've gone crazy, buddy"

"He's gone crazy, crazy about you. You realize that right?"

"I think you've got your information mixed up sir. It's ok I'll let it slide because you're my twin and you're adorable" I pinched his cheek as he rolled his eyes at me.

"Mind if I cut in?" Brock asked approaching us.

"Of course not" Elias smiled as he handed me off to Brock who pulled me as close as he could to him.

I saw Elias raising his eyebrows in a 'I told you so' manner over Brocks shoulder and it was my turn to roll my eyes at him.

"You really are breathtakingly beautiful tonight, you know that right?" Brock almost whispered in my ear.

"I think you've all gone mad tonight" I breathed a laugh trying to ignore the goosebumps being scattered across my skin.

He gave me an odd questioning look as I shook my head.

"Elias asked if I thought that when you and I get married we'll have a big beautiful wedding like this" I laughed shaking my head again.

"Hmmm maybe, maybe something more intimate...we'll just have to wait and see" he smiled at me seriously.

"What? You think we'll get married?" I motioned in the space between us confused.

"I think so" he kissed my forehead gently. "But we'll just have to wait and see"

I smiled slightly, still confused. I had never thought of Brock in any manner except a friend but with the way he was being so sweet, maybe I would have to expand that view.

Was this the start of taking our friendship to a different level? I guess I would just have to wait and see.

Requested by: mitchyymarns

Thank you for requesting!❤️❤️❤️