Coffee Twin - Jack Hughes

I leaned against the wall across from the counter waiting for my coffee

I leaned against the wall across from the counter waiting for my coffee. I wasn't in a hurry, in fact I was kind of hoping to kill some time. I had to get back to studying and I really didn't want to so I figured the longer it took to get coffee, the more time I had away from studying.

There were two other people waiting for their coffee, an elderly woman and a younger guy who appeared to be around my age. I glanced between the two quickly just to be observant. The elderly lady looked polite, approachable and like she had snacks in her purse that she would gladly give to you if you asked. The younger guy looked intriguing. He was definitely attractive but I wasn't sure what kind of attractive yet.

The elderly woman had her order called, obtained her coffee and smiled at the two of us as she walked out. I used the opportunity to glance in the young guys direction just as he smiled. His smile was amazing. I had to quickly avert my eyes before my blush hit my face at full force.

Just then, my coffee order was called out and it shocked me that both me and the young guy went for the drink at the same time.

"Oh, I'm sorry I thought they called my order. I must have heard wrong" I lightly laughed embarrassed.

"Or I heard wrong" he chuckled making me smile.

We both bent over a little to read the order on the cup.

"Everything ok?" The employee said approaching the counter with another drink in his hand.

"Yeah we were just trying to figure out who's drink this is, we both thought we heard our orders called" I laughed a little.

"Well you probably both did, you both ordered the same thing" he said putting down the other cup. "Here's the second one"

"Oh, thanks" I said taking one of the two coffees that were now on the counter. "Guess we were both right" I giggled holding out my cup in a cheers gesture.

He laughed then picked up his cup to tap it against mine.

"Enjoy your coffee Y/N" he smiled.

My heart sped up at the sight of his smile but I was also confused how he knew my name.

"How did you know my name?" I rose an eyebrow at him.

"It's written on my cup, coffee twin" he laughed turning his cup around. "I took a guess it was your name. Turns out I was right again"

I laughed lightly shaking my head. Then I thought to turn my cup around. If my name was on his cup then his name must be on mine right?

"You were right. Enjoy your coffee too, Jack" I smiled holding up the part of the cup that said his name.

I turned to leave before I heard him calling my name again. I turned with a warm smile on my face.

"If you're not busy, maybe we could hang out. You know, enjoy our coffee together?" He smiled hopefully.

"Well I really should be studying buuuuuuut" I drew out.

"Oh this will be more fun than studying, I promise" he chuckled.

"I believe you" I smiled motioning at the door as I pushed it open. "After you, coffee twin"

He smiled that smile that made my heart race since I first seen it and headed out the door making sure to hold it open for me.

"So where to?" I asked taking a sip of my coffee.

"Wherever you want I guess?" He shrugged at me.

"I see I'll have to take the reins on this one" I giggled turning to walk towards the park nearby.

"On second thought" Jack laughed grabbing my hand to pull me in the opposite direction.

Once we were full stride in the opposite direction and nearing the shops that weren't too far away I realized he still had my hand. I wasn't going to argue, he could hold it all day if he wanted.

"Oh sorry" he chuckled motioning to our hands when we went to enter the first shop we saw that we liked.

"Oh don't worry, I didn't mind at all" I grinned passing him to enter the store since he was holding the door open for me.

When we went to leave the shop after shopping for a bit he held the door open for me again. I smiled as I passed him, I honestly wasn't used to the chivalry. My track record sucked when it came to guys and not just dating, any guys.

When he exited the shop he went straight for my hand making my head snap in his direction with a prominent smile.

"Something told me it would be fine" he smirked.

"You were right" I giggled gripping his hand.

We walked and talked for a few hours getting to know each other little by little until a shop caught my eye.

"Oooh can we go in here? Please?" I looked at Jack hopefully.

"Sure" he said with a chuckle as I tugged him inside.

It was a small handmade jewelry shop. I loved getting handmade jewelry, it was so much better than buying stuff that's mass produced that everyone has. I was instantly drawn to a pair of earrings by the front counter. I asked if I could see them and the girl handed them over with a smile.

"What do you think?" I asked Jack holding the earring up to my ear.

"I think" he started before moving some of my hair out of the way. "Yep, absolutely beautiful" he smiled.

I felt my face instantly heat up and I knew I was blushing.

"Guess I'll take them" I smiled giving them back to the employee.

After we walked out of the shop, Jack grabbed my hand once again.

"So I know you need to study and I have a few things I have to have to do...but what are the chances you'd come to dinner with me tonight?" He asked stopping me.

"Like a date?" I smiled slightly.

"Yeah, like a date"

"I'd say the chances are pretty good, don't you think?"

"I'd say the chances are great" he smiled.

He was right, there's no way I wasn't going to dinner with him.

"I'll see you tonight coffee twin" he grinned placing a kiss on my cheek.

"I'm really looking forward to it, coffee twin"

Player requested by: @taty10__

Thanks for requesting! ❤️❤️❤️