Just Like Us - Auston Matthews [Halloween Edition]

"How do I even know which ones are good?" I asked looking up at Auston confused

"It's really whatever you think looks good for what you want to carve" he chuckled looking at me.

"I like this one" I smiled patting a pumpkin that sat on the ground.

"Then we'll get you that one" he kissed my temple picking up the pumpkin.

He quickly picked out the perfect pumpkin for him and before we knew it we were back at the house prepped for carving the pumpkins we had picked.

"Please be careful, Y/N" Auston said seriously as he saw the way I was holding the knife.

"What?" I asked confused.

He chuckled slightly taking the knife from my hand and positioning it so I was holding it right, and less dangerously.

"Oh right" I laughed with a shake of my head "don't want to spend all night in the hospital"

"I don't want you getting hurt period" he smiled over at me, his hands busy cleaning the inside of his pumpkin.

"Always so thoughtful" I joked with a smile.

"Because I love you so so much" he chuckled puckering his lips to ask for a kiss that I gladly gave him.

"What are you carving into yours?" I asked him looking at the pumpkin curiously.

"I think just a regular jack o lantern face, you?" He looked up at me.

"I haven't decided yet honestly" I smiled at him. "Maybe I'll do the same and they can represent us"

"That's cute" he smiled over at me "I like that idea"

I turned and pressed my lips to his quickly before turning my attention back to the pumpkin.

"Are we going to put them outside tonight before we leave for the party?" I asked still focusing on the pumpkin.

"We can if you want, babe"

I gave him a smile before really going to work on my pumpkin. As I was finishing up the final touches on it, Auston came to stand behind me and wrapped his arms around my middle.

"That's adorable" he smiled planting a kiss to my cheek before releasing me. "We'll light them up later and put them outside but for now" he turned me to face him, giving me a quick chaste kiss. "Let's get ready my love"

I smiled at him, took his hand in mine and quickly ran up the stairs with him to put on our costumes.

We were super excited about our costumes for the party some of our friends were having. We had decided to go as Harley Quinn and the Joker. I helped Auston perfect his makeup before he ran to grab his costume to change. While he did that I changed so I could start on my own makeup.

When he got back he hung the costume on the back of the door and made his way to me. He looked me up and down before his eyes settled on mine.

"Damn, if I knew you'd look this good I would have suggested changing into our costumes way sooner" he breathed a laugh placing his hands on my hips and pulling me closer to him.

"You're so adorable" I laughed wrapping my arms around his shoulders.

"I'm serious...I might not let you out of this house" he smirked.

"Well then we did your makeup for absolutely nothing" I giggle giving him a squeeze.

"I know, I know" he breathed releasing me.

I made my way to the bathroom to start my hair and makeup. The hair went much quicker than the makeup...probably because once I started my makeup I could feel Auston's eyes watching my every single move.

"Something I can help you with Matthews?" I giggled as I stopped putting on my mascara and looked over to him.

Sure enough, his eyes were on me and a smile slowly grew on his face.

"I'm done getting ready, just watching you finish up" he grinned.

"I know, I feel like your eyes are staring holes into my skin" I joked before finishing my makeup.

"You look stunning" he smiled at me.

"I look like Harley Quinn" I motioned to my costume.

"You make a beautiful Harley Quinn" he rested his hands on my hips.

"And you make a sexy Joker" I ran my hands up and down his arms.

"I'm going to have to keep every guy away from you tonight" he looked at me seriously.

I laughed lightly giving him a slight shove.

"Stop, you goof. Let's go put out our pumpkins" I took his hand and tugged him back downstairs.

We got our pumpkins lit and ready on the counter to take outside when we left.

"They look so cute" I smiled at our pumpkins.

"Just like us" he nudged me a little.

"Yeah" I smiled at him. "Just like us"

We both reached for our pumpkins.

"Here I can take yours if you want" he held out his free hand.

"I got it, thanks baby" I smiled at him.

He lead me outside with his free hand guiding my lower back.

"There we go" he breathed out straightening up after lighting both of our pumpkins.

"They're absolutely perfect together" I gushed looking over at Auston who's eyes were already on me.

"Just like us"

"Just like us" I smiled at him.

He reached over and kissed my lips gently. He took my hand and led me to the car.

"Here, you pick the music" he smiled handing me his phone.

"I love you" I giggled taking the phone from his hand.

"Good, because I love you"

Most people try to think of the perfect couples costume. Something romantic that shows how in love they are. For Auston and I, the Joker and Harley Quinn were perfect. They're good together, they're classic and they're a little crazy just like us.

Special Halloween request for: Nylanders_Bxtch

Thank you for letting me write it for you!!! 🧡🖤🧡🖤🧡