Same- Moritz Seider

I had just settled in on the couch for a movie when my phone rang

Realizing I had left it on my kitchen counter, I groaned and pulled myself off the couch to grab my phone.

"Hey" I said quickly answering my phone when I saw the name of who was calling.

"Hi, you going to bed soon?" Mo asked from the other end of the line.

"Nope, I don't work tomorrow so I was just about to start a movie" I explained going to my fridge to look for a snack.

"Can I come over?" I heard the caution in his voice.

I knew he had a game, a game I knew they had lost because I always made sure to watch his games when I wasn't at them. From the sound of his voice I knew something was bothering him.

"Absolutely" I said with a small smile.

"I'll be there in a few, I was already on my way" he said with a small chuckle.

"Of course you were" I giggled softly. "Just get here in one piece"

"Always" he laughed before we said our goodbyes and disconnected.

I decided against a snack since I didn't feel like anything I had and got comfortable on the couch. Within minutes my front door opened.

Without a word he took off his shoes and jacket and made his way over to the couch. He laid down wrapping his arms around me and settling his head against my stomach.

"Are you ok?" I asked compassionately, running my fingers through his hair a bit.

"Just a bad day" he took a long breath.

I sat silently comforting him by rubbing his head gently with one hand and his back with the other. Nothing ever had to be spoken between the two of us, when one of us needed something the other knew exactly how to take care of it.

What we had was special. If he wasn't my best friend I would go as far to say he's the love of my life, my soulmate even. But very early on we had both seemed to friendzone each other and it seems like that's where we would both stay.

Granted, yeah, there were times things felt deeper than just best friends. Like laying in one or the others arms in complete silence as a comfort and not giving it a second thought, but I would comfort any friend who needed me. Maybe not to the same extent as I would for Moritz but, same thing.

"You want something to eat or drink?" I asked softly finally breaking the silence.

He shook his head against my stomach still not making a move to get up.

"You staying here tonight?" I asked curiously.

"Can I?" He finally lifted his head to look at me with hope in his eyes. "I'll sleep on the couch" he said quickly.

"You can sleep in the bed with me hun" I offered as he pulled himself up to sit next to me.

"Thanks sweetheart" he placed a hand on my knee and kissed my cheek quickly.

I hated when he did things like that. I mean, I loved it, but I hated that I loved it. The little endearing names he always called me, sweetheart, babe, love, always made my heart race and I hated myself for having such a strong reaction to my best friends words.

My body seemed to move on instinct and with a mind of its own. I reached up and ran my palm against his cheek until it found a comfortable resting place.

"Can I ask you something?" I looked at him seriously.

"Anything love" he said almost with worry.

"Why haven't you kissed me yet?" I asked, slower than I wanted to.

I wanted to blurt it out and be done with it, get his answer so I can start the process of bringing myself to accept it and move on. But my body seemed to have a different plan, my words came out slow, hesitant, cautious.

"Well...why haven't you kissed me?" He threw it right back at me.

"I...I didn't know that was ok for me to do" I swallowed hard dropping my hand from his cheek.

"Same" he moved a hand to my thigh. "I'm honestly really scared" he confessed.

"Same. I didn't want things to get weird, especially between us"

"Same. But-" he brought both hands to the sides of my neck and ran his thumbs along my cheeks. "Man, I really really want to kiss you. I've always wanted to but even more so right now" he searched my face for a reaction.

"Same" my voice quivered.

"Can I?" He asked cautiously.

"Please" I felt the whiny coming out of me but I couldn't care less at that point.

Not even a second later, his lips were on mine.

The fireworks, explosions, big orchestral moment or whatever people say accompany their perfect kiss? Shockingly that didn't exist for me. I got a heat, a deep comfortable warmness that I never even knew existed. It felt like exactly what we were supposed to be doing the entire time.

He pulled away, out of breath, and rested his forehead against mine.

"Well...that wasn't weird at all" I breathed a laugh.

"No, kind of the opposite" he chuckled. "It felt...oddly comfortable"

"Like everything just kind of...fell into place?"

He kissed me slowly again with a smile.

"Exactly" he grinned, giving me another quick kiss. "I never want to stop kissing you now" he laughed softly.

"I'm not gonna stop you" I giggled, pulling his lips back to mine before his phone rang.

"I'm sorry baby, it'll be quick. Promise" he pecked my lips before answering his phone.

I admired everything about him while he spoke into the phone. Every little detail about him was perfect to me. I zoned out for a few seconds, not hearing anything he was saying until I snapped myself back to reality.

"Yeah I'm ok, I was just in a mood" I heard him laugh into the phone. "I'm at my girlfriends house...yeah" he said with a wide smile making me smile myself. "Alright thanks, see ya" he hung up the phone and turned to me. "Sorry they were worried since I was weird after the game" he explained.

"No worries, I'm sorry you've had a pretty crappy day" I said sympathetically, rubbing his thigh.

"You know" he shifted to pull me onto his lap. "I've decided this day didn't start counting until I came here with you, so all in all it's been one of the best days" he chuckled.

"It has been. I loved that you used the word girlfriend too. You sure that's what you want?" I asked.

"I feel like you've always kinda been my girlfriend we just hadn't realized it yet" he smiled widely.

"Same" I brought my lips back to his giving him a soft kiss.

Requested by: the_wild_queen

Thanks for requesting! ❤️🤍❤️🤍❤️