Rules - Connor McDavid & Leon Draisaitl

I put my jersey over my head and tugged it down my body

I put my jersey over my head and tugged it down my body. I caught a glimpse of it in the mirror and smiled to myself. Usually when I attended oilers games, I would be sporting number 97 on my back. Tonight was different. I saw the 29 as I turned to get a better look and my smile widened.

Connor was a friend...a very, very good friend. We had spent the better part of the last year in each other's beds on a friends with benefits deal. We had made the rules very clear to each other and Connor had two major rules for the entire situation. One rule was we kept it between us, no one had to know our business and the first and most important rule...no falling for each other.

The deal seemed like an ideal situation except these past few months I've been conflicted. I had been hanging out with Leon every so often and what had started out as completely friendly was turning into a high level of attraction on both sides.

Every time I would think it was time to tell Connor I was done with our deal his hands would be on me, then my lips would be on him and before I knew what was happening I threw the idea out the window.

Wearing Leon's jersey to the game tonight was mostly for two reasons, to show Leon my interest and support and to get a rise out of Connor. As I made my way to the glass with a few friends of mine the excitement that I always felt before every game I attended started to rush through me and when the Oilers stepped on the ice, it completely took over me.

Leon instantly made his way to me with a smile. He motioned to his jersey to signify he liked my jersey. I made the shape of a heart on the glass with my pointer finger causing his smile to widen. He skated back away from the glass while blowing a kiss. I did the cliche pretend to catch it and put it in my pocket as I spotted Conor skating past behind Leon with a scowl on his face.

I don't know why but my stomach felt uneasy just seeing the look on Connor's face. Leon threw one last smile before completely skating away to start warmups. Connor kept throwing dirty glances our way which caught the attention of most of the people around us.

"What did you do to him?" One of my friends giggled.

"Nothing, I don't know what his problem is" I breathed trying to focus on the game that was about to start.

The Oilers won. Everyone was in high spirits, everyone except Connor it seemed. I shrugged it off and headed home after saying long goodbyes to my friends in the parking lot.

I threw my keys on the table by the front door and went to grab a bottle of water. I searched my fridge for something to eat, I was starving. I found some fruit and laid it on the counter with my water as the doorbell rang. I rose an eyebrow in confusion, I wasn't expecting anyone.

I rushed to the door and looked through the peephole to see Leon. Smiling to myself I opened the door to be greeted with a smile and Leon handing out a single long stem red rose.