Please - Vince Dunn

As much as I knew I needed a night out, I dreaded going to my brother's party

As much as I knew I needed a night out, I dreaded going to my brother's party. There would be no one I knew there except for my friend I was bringing with, Arielle and my brother who would be too busy for me.

Arielle was over the moon excited and couldn't wait to get to the party. She loved the party setting. Add to that the fact that she was absolutely gorgeous so it would be super easy for her to meet someone she was interested in, ditch me and I wouldn't hear from her again until the next morning.

Usually that wouldn't be such a big deal to me, but at this party I would know absolutely no one. It was harder for me to get to know people in the party setting. I wasn't a fan of parties, they were a little out of my comfort zone so talking and trying to meet people at a party was definitely uncomfortable.

"Ready?" Arielle popped her head through my front door. She was apparently more excited about this party than I had ever been about anything ever.

"I guess so" I said reluctantly and pulled myself off the couch.

"Come on, it will be so much fun" she tried to hype me up.

'Fun for you' I said in my head as I faked a smile on the outside.

I followed her into the party slowly. I was hoping that after she ditched me my brother would have enough time to let me tag along with him so I would have someone to spend time with.

The first hour of the party went by smoothly until Arielle started talking to a tall blonde guy. The second I saw her lay her hand on the male's arm, I knew exactly what my fate was. Instead of waiting around for it to happen, I decided to take action myself.

I half smiled at Arielle, giving her the hint that I was leaving them alone before leaving them to attempt to find my brother.

"Y/N?" I heard a voice behind me.

The voice sounded familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on how I knew it.

"Vince?" I asked squinting my eyes as I turned to face him as if it was going to make me see him better.

"I knew that was you" he said almost excitedly with his arms open.

I enveloped him in a hug. It had been forever since I seen him. Him and my brother had been pretty good friends but life took them in very different directions. I always had a crush on him from the minute I met him. He was the biggest cliche of my childhood and now that he was here in front of me again, I could tell nothing had changed.

He still made my heart race and my palms sweat and his smile gave me butterflies.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him confused. I didn't think he was in town much anymore.

"Your brother told me he was having a party, I happened to be around" he smiled.

"I'm glad you're here, I haven't seen you in forever" I wrapped him in another hug.