Annoying - Tim Stuztle

I walked into Brady's room, throwing my keys on his bed before returning to the party

I walked into Brady's room, throwing my keys on his bed before returning to the party. I walked straight to the backyard and started my search for my best friend.

He was throwing a party just for the heck of it, my favorite kind. But, knowing I probably wouldn't know like anyone else there, I needed to stick close to those I did know.

Catching a glimpse of Brady, finally, I made my way quickly to him and semi tackled him from behind in a hug.

"Y/N!" He yelled happily turning to embrace me in a hug. "I'm so glad you could make it" he squeezed me.

"Me too, thanks for inviting me" I smiled, pulling out of the hug. "Where's Emma?"

"Probably the kitchen, she went to get a drink" he explained.

"Oh I should go help and grab one myself then" I went to quickly walk away.

"Y/N, wait" Brady caught my elbow, turning me back to him.

"Yeah?" I asked confused. "You need something?"

"I wanted you to meet someone" he said as another male approached us.

"Oh, ok" I smiled slightly.

"Y/N, this is Tim. Tim, this is Y/N"

"Hi" I managed to say snapping myself out of what felt like a trance.

"Hey" he smiled reaching to shake my hand.

"He's a teammate of mine and..." Brady trailed off as his glance shifted between Tim and I since we were still shaking hands slowly, not tearing our eyes off one another. "You guys ok?"

"Yeah" I snapped out of it again dropping Tim's hand and offering Brady a smile.

"Perfect" Tim added.

"We'll, I'm gonna go find Emma. It was nice meeting you" I smiled at Tim. "I'll catch up with you later, oh and by the way I threw my keys in your room ok thanks" I patted Brady's shoulder before leaving the two guys.

I weaved through the crowd to find Emma in the kitchen exactly where Brady thought she would be.

"Hey!" She yelled excitedly embracing me in a hug.

"Brady said he didn't know if you were coming" she said with her arms still tightly around me,

"Yeah I wasn't sure either but here I am" I explained pulling out of the hug.

"Well I'm glad you're here!" She smiled.

"Thanks, me too...even though I know like no one" I shrugged reaching for a cup to start a drink.

"Honestly, I barely do either. Just stick near us and you'll be fine" she giggled as I made my drink.

I followed her back to the boys while we filled in each other on our lives since we last saw each other. We found the boys seated with some people and they quickly made room for us.

I talked with the small group before it turned into just the four of us. As much as I was enjoying the company, I needed another drink.

Begrudgingly, I got up and looked at everyone.

"I need another drink.  Anyone want anything while I'm up?" I asked.

Brady and Emma shook their heads as Tim spoke.

"I need one too but I can just come with you" he smiled.

He followed me back to the kitchen without either of us speaking. It was an odd but comfortable silence.

"So how long have you known Brady?" He asked as we started making our drinks.

"Oh wow umm...years now I don't even remember how many" I breathed a laugh. "It feels like forever honestly"

"I didn't know you two go back so far, that's pretty awesome" he smiled.

"Yeah he's like a brother. Love him even when he's annoying" I giggled. "How long have you been playing with him?" I asked interested.

He told me all about his career and the path he took to be where he was at that moment and we both shared about our lives and families and anything and everything that popped into our heads.

We talked for so long we didn't even realize how much time had passed.

"Good to see you're both still alive and just bailed on us" Brady laughed grabbing a drink.

"Sorry we just got to talking, I didn't realize for that long" I apologized finally looking at the time.

"I was just kidding, I'll leave you two at it" he gave an exaggerated bow and walked away.

"See? Annoying" I laughed looking back at Tim. "I didn't realize we had been gone that long though"

"Me either honestly. Maybe we should set aside some time to talk more. Say, dinner? Friday?" He looked at me hopefully.

"I think that sounds wonderful" I gave a smile.

"Great, it's a date then" he returned the smile widely.

"A date, I like the sound of that"

"Ooooh a date? I was totally right!" Emma clapped approaching us.

"Right about...?" I trailed off in question.

"That you two would totally hit it off and looks like I was so right. Didn't even take as long as I thought. You're welcome" she laughed grabbing some ice and walking away.

"Ok now they're both being annoying" I laughed shaking my head.

"Ehh let them be annoying together. Maybe someday they'll be saying how annoying we are to them" he chuckled softly.

"You know, I have a feeling you just might be right about that"

Requested by: @meggie-hartling

Thanks for requesting! 🖤❤️🤍💛🖤❤️🤍💛