Mine - Jacob Markstrom

"Don't worry, I will definitely be there

"Don't worry, I will definitely be there. I'll see you then" I hung up the phone with a laugh.

Jacob was way too excited for the event. The Canucks were hosting a skate with the team event after the game and he had managed to snag me a spot for my friend Allie and I.

I had met Jacob randomly about a year prior. He was always the friend that we would randomly text every so often and we would see each other every now and then but when we did, we were like best friends that were inseparable.

The game went well and the Canucks won. Jacob had an amazing game. After the game I ran to my car to get my skates and as I laced them up, the excitement inside me grew. I had decided to just get on the ice and Allie would catch up when she could.

The minute I stepped onto the ice half my excitement turned to nerves. I had never ventured into Jacob's hockey world and I wasn't sure if I was even ready to, but Jacob was so excited about me being at the event I knew it would be a great time.

Before I knew it, I was approached by a male who appeared to be part of the team.

"Y/N?" He asked me cautiously.

"Yeah?" I asked curiously turning towards him.

"Hi, I'm Alexander Edler" he held out his hand for me to shake.

I knew that name. Jacob talked about him all the time. A smile formed on my face.

"Hi" I took his hand to shake it. "Jacob talks about you every time I see him" I giggled.

"Really? He talks about you all the time, seriously all the time" he laughed.

"What? I asked confused "wait, how did you even know I was me?"

"I recognized you from his phone background"

"Phone background?" I said more to myself than anything.

"Hey" I heard as someone else approached us.

"Umm hi" I smiled still confused as to what was going on.

"I'm Thatcher" he smiled with his hand outstretched.

"I'm Y/N" I smiled shaking his hand.

"Y/N? You're not Jacob's Y/N are you?" He asked looking at Edler who was still standing next to us.

He nodded towards Thatcher and my glance shifted between the two. I knew what they were getting at.

"No, I'm actually no ones Y/N" my glance continued between them.

"In that case, hi, I'm no ones Thatcher" he smirked towards me as Edler shook his head.

I was about to roll my eyes at how lame his line was when I felt someone literally pull me away.

"Mine" Jacob laughed while he skated by behind me, wrapped his arms around my middle and pulled me away from his two teammates.

"Jacob!" I laughed wriggling in his arms as we came to a stop.