The One - Juuse Saros

Note: [Anything in bold italics will be in Juuse's point of view]

"Hey Juuse" I smiled shoving my gear where it belonged.

"Hi" he spoke quietly.

"Do you have any plans tonight?" I asked trying to keep my cool.

I've never been the most outgoing person so having to try and start a conversation with anyone was always a bit of a major event for me, let alone trying to start a conversation with Juuse Saros. I had had the biggest crush on him for as long as I'd known him and someday I hoped I would come out of my shell enough to let him know that. It was hard not to be shy and closed off, especially being the only female on the team. I always felt at least a little out of my comfort zone.

"Nope, nothing at all" he glanced in my direction.

"Me either" I said softly.

I wanted to ask him to hang out, I wanted him to ask me to hang out but I was way to shy to ask him or even hint even further I wanted him to ask.

"Maybe you'll find something fun to do" he said with a slight smile.

"Maybe. Maybe I'll just end up watching tv again all night by myself" I eyed him hoping he would catch on.

"That does sound like fun" he finished putting his stuff in its place before turning to me.

My heart beat a little faster as a small smile spread across his face. For a second I was hopeful he was going to ask me to hang out with him other than just seeing each other at the rink or at team events.

"Have fun" he turned and walked out of the room.

I sighed defeated. I had to give up this stupid fantasy of ever being able to be anything more than work friendly with Juuse.

*Juuse's point of view*

I stood just outside the door and leaned against the wall tipping my head back. I was such an idiot. Why couldn't I talk to her without making everything weird?

I couldn't even hint right apparently. I wanted so badly for her to ask me to hang out with her, even just once.

Ever since she joined the team I had been drawn to her. The first time we met she confided in me how difficult she thought being the only female on the team would be, that was the moment I fell for her.

She was beautiful, driven, strong and caring. She was the whole package for me and I couldn't for the life of me bring myself to just man up and tell her.

"You good man?" Filip asked exiting the room.

"Yeah" I said bluntly.