Can We Drop It? - Travis Dermott

"What's up Marner?" I looked up at him as he got closer to me

"You free for dinner tonight?" He asked seriously.

I rose an eyebrow at him.

"Excuse me?" I asked a bit of sass in my voice.

"Oh, lord, no not like that" he chuckled grabbing some of my fruit and shoving it into his mouth. "We're just having a bunch of people over for dinner, like a get together"

"Like a dinner party?"

"I guess, yeah" he shrugged.

"I think I should be able to make it" I grinned at him just as I saw Travis approaching us.

"Great, I'll see you tonight" he rubbed my arm gently before sending Travis a smile and walking away.

"What was that about?" Travis asked looking at me curiously.

"Dinner tonight" I grabbed my fruit off the table. "You ready to go?"

"Dinner? Tonight?" He rose an eyebrow at me.

"Yep" I giggled grabbing at his shirt. "Let's go I'm bored. I waited around all this time because you promised me a full day of Travis fun but had to come to this meeting."

"Tonight?" He asked again still not comprehending anything.

"Yeah, you know" I stopped, giving him a little tilt of the head.

"I don't...I don't think I-" he started before Mitch came running back to us.

"Oh I almost forgot, I already told Y/N but we're having people over for dinner tonight like a get together" he spoke to Travis.

"A dinner party" I corrected with a giggle.

"Sure, whatever you say. A dinner party" he chuckled turning back to Travis. "Dinners at seven"

As Mitch left Travis turned his focus back on me with a confused look.

"Dinner, tonight" he said slowly, putting things together in his brain.

"Yeah, I thought you already knew" I breathed a laugh. "Wait, what did you think dinner tonight was?" I looked at him with an amused look.

"Let's go" he guided me by the elbow out of the building, a smirk playing on my face.

"So" I started as I threw myself on his couch.

"Don't get too comfortable, I'm just grabbing something real fast" he chuckled walking down the hall.

"Mhmm...so tell me something" I called towards the hallway where he had just disappeared.

"What's that?" He made his way back into the living room.

"What did you really think was happening tonight?"

"Can we drop it?" He asked walking to the kitchen.

"Wait...did you think it was a date?" I asked walking behind him into the kitchen.

"Seriously, can we drop it?" He spoke into the fridge.

"Why?" I asked confused.

"I see the way he looks at you ok? The way you laugh at his stupid, pointless jokes and I...just drop it" he spoke still not looking at me.

"Travis" I started as he took a deep breath and closed the fridge.

"What?" He turned around.

My palms started to sweat. For as long as I had known him, I wanted to be with him. It didn't take me long to fall in love with him, I always thought I would spend my life hiding that little bit of information...even from myself.

Even with his eyes burning holes through me I had to ask the question that was on my mind. If I didn't, I would probably spend the rest of the day regretting it.

"Are you jealous?" I asked him seriously.

"I'm not jealous" he snapped quickly.

"It sure feels that way" I pointed out not moving from my spot.

"I'm not jealous" he repeated crossing his arms.

"Then what's wrong with you?" I mimicked his position.

"Nothings wrong" he ran his hands through his hair and took a deep breath. "Everything's wrong" he spoke into his hands as he ran them down his face. "It's nothing" he shook his head.

"It's not nothing" I moved to him placing a hand on his arm.

"It's nothing, can we just stop talking about this?"

"You want to stop talking about this? About how you're not jealous of Mitch" I rose an eyebrow at him.

"Yeah, that would be great" he breathed a laugh.

"Then I'm going to need you to knock it off, Travis. Stop being like this. If you're not jealous then stop acting like you are just...just knock it off" I felt my emotions starting to bubble to the surface.

"Oh yeah?" He leaned closer to me, almost taunting me. "Make me"

I don't know what made me do it, but at that moment I threw every worry out the window and grabbed him by the neck bringing his lips to mine.

It was a quick second before I realized what I was doing, and just as I was about to pull away he wrapped an arm around middle pulling me to him more and deepening the kiss.

"Complete truth? I've wanted to do that for so long" he breathed hard pulling away.

"Complete truth? I never thought you'd do that, or that I would do that. I'm in love with you, for what feels like the entire time I've known you...and I really want to do that again" I laughed lightly.

He smiled bringing me back to him for a gentle kiss.

"I've been in love with you for awhile, I just didn't have the courage to say something"

I gave him a genuine smile. Him being vulnerable was adorable.

"So you were jealous then huh?" I smirked at him.

"Seriously, can we drop it?" He laughed taking my hand in his and tugged me towards the front door.

"Whatever you say" I put my free hand up in surrender with a laugh.

"Yes baby, I was jealous" he finally broke down and admitted as he locked the door.

"I knew it" I smiled kissing his cheek quickly.

Requested by: Freddie_Flower3129 

Thank you for requesting! 💙🤍💙🤍💙