Maybe - Mat Barzal

"Finally" I breathed out throwing my stuff down on the hotel floor

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"Finally" I breathed out throwing my stuff down on the hotel floor.

It had been a long day and I wanted nothing more than to fall into bed and sleep for days.

"Someone's tired" Mat laughed throwing his stuff next to mine.

"So tired" I almost whined with a giggle.

I was a rookie on the islanders and when I was asked to share a room with Mat Barzal I thought how bad could it be right? Things were great, we were fast friends and we watched out for each other so sharing a room would be no big deal.

We settled in for bed, both being tired from the day's events. Every time I went to close my eyes to sleep I kept hearing shuffling. Mat was restless, I could feel it. After what felt like ever of him tossing and turning I finally spoke.

"You ok?" I asked him quietly.

"I can't sleep" he said sadly.

"Clearly" I giggled.

"I'm sorry, am I keeping you up?"

I didn't want to answer him, I felt bad enough he couldn't sleep.

"Why don't you just come sleep with me?" I patted the empty space next to me.

"Y/N..." he trailed off.

"It's just sleeping" I started with a laugh. "Maybe having someone next to you will comfort you into a sleep"

I craved intimate moments with him. Nothing beat them.

"Fine, it's worth a shot" he chuckled pulling himself up and settling in next to me.

I instinctively wrapped my arms lightly around him and began humming. It was reminiscent of how I loved to be put to sleep when I was young.

As words softly fell out of my mouth, I felt him ease more.

"What are you singing?" He asked sleepily when my words paused.

"It's a Russian lullaby, I always loved having it sung to me when I was little" I explained rubbing his head slightly.

He nodded as I started up from where I left off in the song.

A few minutes later I felt his body completely relax and his breathing even out. I knew he was asleep. A smile formed on my face looking over his sleeping figure. It was nice seeing him at peace.

I began finding it hard to close my eyes and waste the feeling of this moment together. Instead, I laid awake enjoying every moment. The innocent look on his face as he slept left a sense of peace in me and feeling the rise and fall of his chest as he lay against me had a smile permanently etched onto my face.

By the time his eyes fluttered open it was morning, and I still hadn't slept.

"Did you stay awake all night?" He asked with a chuckle.

"Maybe" I smiled slightly.

"Aren't you tired?"

"Maybe" I laughed running my hands through his hair once more.

"I'm sorry you didn't sleep because of me" he said cozying up once again and burying his head back into my chest as I held him.

"Don't be sorry, it was my choice" I giggled.

"Am I the little spoon right now?" He questioned.

"Maybe, do you like being little spoon?" I half laughed looking at him.

"Maybe" he chuckled making himself cozy again.

Requested by: --RUNAWAYS--

Thanks for requesting ❤️❤️❤️