Yes - Auston Matthews

The crowd was loud, they had been loud all night

The crowd was loud, they had been loud all night. The loudest I've ever heard them. I couldn't blame them, it was a huge game for us. Time was winding down and with the score being tied, both teams were amping up their efforts to try and put the puck in the net.

I knew someone had to be the hero of the game, whether it was someone on our team or one of theirs. The leafs bench was both buzzing and quiet at the same time.

"Go get 'em babe" Auston called out with a pat as I jumped over the boards.

He was always so supportive, I would never know how I got so lucky to call him mine but I wasn't going to question my good fortune.

I shot him a smile as I skated into play. We were running out of time, we all knew it. The game became more aggressive, more desperate. In the blink of an eye the puck was on my stick and before I could even think about it I saw my opportunity. Top shelf and into the net.

The puck was in the net.

The crowd erupted but I didn't hear anything. My sense of hearing was momentarily gone as I sat in shock. Morgan Rielly tackling me in a hug brought me back to reality. I celebrated minimally since I knew we still had to finish the game, and with less than ten seconds left I knew I would be on the ice.

The second the clock hit all zeroes the team rushed the ice...well everyone but Auston. I saw him turn around and lean into coach to talk to him. Everyone was out on the ice celebrating the incredible win, everyone except who I really wanted out there with me.

I shook off my disappointment and decided to just live in the moment. That was until I felt Auston pull me away towards center ice. I was confused but I just let him do it.

When he stopped at center ice I gave him a look to show my confusion. The smile grew on his face as he slightly backed away from me.

"I love you" he continued to smile at me.

"I love you too" I giggled softly.

That's when he did it, when everything hit me what this was all about. He dropped to one knee center ice pulling out a small black box with a smile on his face still.

"I asked coach to hold onto this for me tonight while I waited for the perfect time to ask you. But then I realized anytime is the perfect time to ask you because I love you and I'll love you forever. Be with me forever" he opened the box quickly.

By this point people had started catching on to what was happening. All the players stopped to watch it unfold and the crowd had grown silent waiting for an answer. I could feel the anticipation from the entire arena in my chest.

"Will you marry me?" He looked up at me hopefully.

"Auston, I..." I stopped myself trying to keep my composure. I took a deep breath and looked back at his anxious face. "Yes" I finally spoke out with a smile.

"Yes? That's a yes?" He grinned, his entire face lighting up like he had just won the lottery.

"Yes Auston, that's a yes. Of course I'll marry you" I blinked back tears as I shook off my gloves.

Auston grabbed my hand as I reached it out to him. He slid the ring on my finger and stood up. He pressed a soft, loving kiss to my lips with a smile.

"She said yes" he spoke to the other players on the ice before looking at the crowd. "She said yes!" He screamed towards the crowd excitedly.

The crowd went crazy. I had heard crowds be loud before but nothing compared to the volume of the crowd at that moment, and I thought they were the loudest I had heard them before...I had been proven wrong.

"I can't believe you said yes, what an amazing word. Yes" he smiled pulling me to him.

"There was no way I was ever not saying yes to that" I giggled kissing him sweetly again.

When things had settled and I was ready to go home for the night I waited patiently for Auston leaning against the wall. Everyone who passed offered their congratulations and each time I would respond a thank you with the brightest smile on my face.

"You ready babe?" Auston asked wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me off the wall.

"So ready" I kissed his cheek quickly.

"So, I know you said yes to a pretty important question today. But I have another important question for you" he got serious pulling me to a stop.

"What's that?" I looked at him cautiously.

"Are you hungry? Do you want to get some food?" He joked with a laugh.

"Yes, yes I do" I giggled.

"I really love that word tonight" he smiled throwing an arm around my shoulders.

Requested by: Nylanders_Bxtch 

Thanks for requesting! 💙🤍💙🤍💙