Perfect - Auston Matthews

I was never the image of the ideal person I had in my head that I wanted to be

I was never the image of the ideal person I had in my head that I wanted to be. I never thought of myself as pretty enough, skinny enough...good enough.

That all seemed to change when I met Auston. He would make sure I always knew that he thought I was beautiful and perfect in every way. He was amazing.

Lately, those thoughts have been creeping back up into my head slowly, I didn't really know why. I stood looking at myself in the mirror of the bathroom, negative thoughts in the back of my head.

"What are you doing in here?" I heard Auston's voice behind me.

"Just...looking" I stated sadly not turning away from the mirror.

"Baby" Auston started speaking as he moved behind me and wrapped his arms around my middle, his eyes fixated on the mirror as well. "Look how beautiful you are"

His words brought a slight smile to my face. I reached up to lay my hands over his arms and sighed deeply again.

"What's wrong, love?" Auston asked placing a kiss against my temple before bringing his eyes to my hands. "Stop hating on your hands, they're adorable."

"They are not, they're terrible" I explained defeated.

"Hey, hey" he grabbed my hands with his and brought them closer to my chest. "I love everything about you, especially your hands" he brought my hands in his above my head and pressed his lips to them. "You know what I love most about them?" He smirked at me through the mirror.

"What?" I asked confused.

"The way your hand fits in mine" she smiled brightly.

"I love you Auston" I turned still staying in his arms to face him.

"I love you more" he placed a kiss to my forehead before pulling away. "Now, let's get ready. We have to leave for family skate soon" he kissed me quickly before walking out of the room.

I groaned to myself lightly before pushing myself to finish getting ready.

We arrived at the rink and while everyone was getting their stuff together I told Auston I was going to go sit with the other wives and girlfriends in an attempt to be friendly.

Auston smiled and kissed my head before I walked off. What I didn't know, was that that was the biggest mistake I could have made.

"Mind if I take a seat?" I asked timidly to the other wives and girlfriends already sitting at the table.

"Please" one of them smiled sliding a glass my way before pausing with the wine bottle in her hand.

"Wine?" She asked brightly.

"Oh, umm, yeah thanks" I smiled and took the glass when she was done pouring.

"So, Y/N, is this your first event with the Maple Leafs?" One of the girls asked curiously.

"Umm, no. I've been to a few. I just usually try to stay to myself" I answered taking another sip of my wine.

"I've seen her at an event before I think. I'm pretty sure she's Auston's girlfriend, she's just more plain so she doesn't grab much attention." One of them smirked bringing her glass to her lips.

"Excuse me?" I asked confused. I wasn't entirely sure if she was joking or not.

"It's ok honey, there's nothing wrong with being plain. That's just who you are" another smiled.

"Yeah don't feel bad, some people just don't fit in" another rubbed my arm.

"Don't touch me" I got defensive moving away from the table.

"Now, Y/N. There's no need to cause a scene" they all seemed to suddenly be worried about the surroundings.

"This is what you think causing a scene is? Oh sweetie you better prepare yourself" I started with my voice raising and heat taking over my body. "I can't believe I came over here actually thinking we could have a decent conversation and put any differences we might have aside to just enjoy the day for the guys we love but I guess some people have their priorities in the wrong place" I yelled gathering my things.

"Y/N" one started.

"Don't Y/N me, I might be plain and not attract attention but thats what I want. I don't want everything to all be about me. I'm not in desperate need of attention where I need to be selfish or dress like a wh-"

"Baby, baby" Auston said quietly coming over to my side and pulling me to him. My voice was at the highest level I thought it could go and my body was hot with anger. "It's ok baby" he pressed a kiss to my forehead.

"Auston, I'm sorry" I started to apologize before he cut me off again.

"There's no need to apologize honey. Come on, let's go out on the ice and you can tell me all about it" he kissed my lips quickly before grabbing my hand and leading me away.

He stopped a few feet away to grab his drink and pulled me into his side. He pressed his forehead against my temple leaning in to whisper in my ear.

"They're just jealous they're not the most beautiful girl in the world" he whispered with a smile on his face causing me to giggle.

"I might be plain but-"

"Stop" Auston cut me off with a laugh. "You're perfect"

I rolled my eyes at him with a small laugh.

"You're perfect, end of story" he picked me up in a hug causing me to lightly scream and wrap my arms around him. "Let's go" he started walking towards the ice with me still in his arms.

I picked my head up to see the table of wives and girlfriends giving us a dirty look. It brought a smile to my face. I might not ever have them in my corner but I had Auston, and that's all that mattered to me. We were perfect.

Requested by: @_that_hockey_girl_

Thanks for requesting! I hope you like it❤️