My Everything - Mitch Marner

I rolled over looking for the warmth from Mitch only to be met with an empty cold side of the bed

I groaned pulling myself out of bed. Mitch was already in the kitchen fumbling with things. He was startled when he turned around and saw me.

"Oh, you're awake" he muttered.

"Yeah, you're awake early. Everything ok?"

"Yeah, yeah I just have to be somewhere" he threw on his coat and kissed my temple quickly.

"I didn't know you had something going on this morning"

He just slightly smiled. "I'll still be at lunch, I wouldn't miss it" he walked out the door.

'That was weird'

I got ready and ran a few errands before I had to be at lunch with Mitch. It had been worrying me all day the way he was acting not only that morning but the days prior as well. He had made such a big deal about this lunch it made me fear he was preparing to end things with me.

I got a table for us and pulled out my phone to see if I had any updates. Nothing. I did whatever I could to pass the time and tried my best to not let the fear eat me alive.

I looked at the time. Over a half hour since we were supposed to meet. I finally decided to text him just to make sure everything was alright.

'Hey I'm here, I've been here. Is everything ok?'

I gave it some more time fiddling with the silverware at the table, my anxiety growing every minute. I checked the time again.

Over an hour since we were supposed to meet. No text from Mitch. This time I decided to call. One ring and voicemail. At this point my fear turned to anger as I grabbed my things apologized to the staff and stomped to my car.

He had made such a big deal out of going to this stupid lunch and then he stands me up. I wanted to cry but I was so angry I couldn't.

I drove home, all sorts of situations running through my mind. I was drained emotionally by the time I had made it home. I threw myself on the couch and sat in silence.

The silence seemed to be calming both my nerves and my anger, that is until the front door opened.

"Y/N" I heard Mitch's voice call. The calm tone in his voice made me angry all over again. I picked myself up off the couch and silently walked to our room.

"Y/N, wait" he called running after me. "I'm sorry I missed lunch"

"That's all you have to say? Sorry you missed lunch?" I turned away from him again walking into the room.

"Yeah I had something important to do"

"Important?" I started, the tone of my voice raising as I turned from my spot next to the bed to look at him. "You made a big deal of this lunch made me promise not to be late and you missed it completely for something more important..." I trailed off trying my best to keep a lid on my growing anger.

"Yes"

I waited for him to say more but it was evident from the look on his face that he was done talking and he thought the conversation was over.

"I can't believe you," I started turning back around finally letting my anger spill out. "You've changed, the past few days you've been someone else. You've been distant, uncaring, secretive and rude there's no excuse for it. I'm sick of wondering to myself when you're going to break up with me because of the way you've been acting. I'm not going to sit here while you pull away anymore I can't Mitch. I'm important too, especially after how big of a deal you made about me being there for lunch what could possibly be more imp-" I started my last question as I swung around to face Mitch.

I didn't expect to find Mitch down on one knee with a ring in his hand. A smile spread across his face even though I had just been yelling.

"What are you doing?" I finally breathed out.

"I wanted to ask you at lunch, it was where we had our first date but the ring wasn't ready when I got there to pick it up. It took longer than I thought. I'm sorry I missed lunch but I had to make sure the ring was right. You're always the most important thing to me and I promise I will never miss lunch again. Marry me?"

Tears welled up in my eyes. Of course he had something like this up his sleeve with the way he's been acting, I just wasn't expecting it.

"Of course I will marry you" I smiled pulling him up to stand and wrapping my arms around his waist while giving him a quick gentle kiss.

"You're cute when you're mad" he laughed slipping the ring on my finger.

"Shut up, you made me so mad" I rolled my eyes turning away from him.

"Clearly" he smiled wrapping his arms around my shoulders and holding me against him tightly once more. "I love you Y/N, look inside the ring." He smiled.

I pulled the ring off and squinted at the writing on the inside of the band. "My heart. My always. My everything." I smiled reading the words out loud.

"That's why I missed lunch, it had to be perfect. It's what you told me when I first told you I loved you"

"I remember, I didn't think you would" I turned to face him pressing my head against his chest.

"That was the moment I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you, those words are important to me, to us."

"I love you" I reached up and pecked his lips.

"I love you more, Mrs. Marner" he smirked pulling me in for another kiss.

Prompts:
15 Marry me?
33 You're cute when you're mad