More Than Enough - Brendan Lemieux [Christmas Edition]

My leg bounced to keep myself busy as I waited for Brendan to arrive

My leg bounced to keep myself busy as I waited for Brendan to arrive. We hadn't been together very long but I already knew what we had was special. When I was with him it was as if the rest of the world ceased to exist.

This would be our first Christmas together. We had decided we would wait until the next year to take each other to our family Christmas gatherings and instead decided to make Christmas evening just for the two of us. We had both been celebrating Christmas with our families the night before Christmas Eve, Christmas Eve and Christmas morning and to be honest, by the time Christmas evening came I couldn't wait to see him.

As my door opened a rush of excitement came over me. I was so elated to see him I wanted to jump right up to greet him but I kept my cool and waited for him to walk in.

"Hey babe" a smile reached his lips as he walked closer to the couch I was sitting on, giving my lips a quick peck. "Merry Christmas"

"Merry Christmas sweetheart" I smiled pulling him in by the collar for another kiss.

He threw himself on the couch next to me and tucked me under his arm.

"How was Christmas with your family?" He asked rubbing the top of my head soothingly.

"It was great but to be honest I missed you" he breathed out. "How was yours?"

"Pretty much the same" I giggled lightly. "I am glad we decided on having Christmas evening be just for us though" I smiled up at him.

"Me too baby" he kissed me quick before I moved to get up.

"I made us dinner but I kept it kind of light since I know we both probably have eaten way too much these past few days" I laughed walking to the kitchen to plate the food.

"You didn't have to do that, you're amazing." He wrapped his arms around me from behind and rested his chin on my shoulder.

"There's not many other options for food babe" I laughed turning to kiss his cheek quickly.

"It smells so good" he nuzzled his face into my neck.

"Thanks" I smiled more to myself than anything.

As we sat down to eat I took a few extra seconds to just look at Brendan, to admire the man that he was and to wonder how in the world I got so lucky.

After we ate and washed the dishes I fell onto the couch next to him, making sure to lay my head comfortably on his chest.

"So, can I give you your Christmas gift now?" he smiled over at me.

"Can we wait on that? I don't want to move" I giggled squeezing him tighter.

"You're in luck, I don't have to get up" he grinned pulling a small wrapped gift out of his pocket.

"Yours is in the end table drawer if you can reach it" I kissed his shoulder as he handed me the box.

"I can wait, open yours" he rubbed my head again gently. I know he knows how much I love when he does that.

"If you say so" I breathed a laugh opening the gift and pulling the small box open.

"It's beautiful" was all I could bring myself to say.

Inside the box was a silver band lined with what looked like diamonds and it hung on a chain to make it a necklace.

"You really like it?" He looked at me hopefully.

"I love it, Brendan you didn't have to do something like this" I looked up at him with wide eyes.

"And that's why I wanted to. You never ask for anything but me, I had to get you something special to show you how much I love you" he brought his arm to my leg resting it there gently. "Look on the inside of the ring" he motioned to the box in my hand.

I pulled the band up and looked inside. Engraved on the inner band was one simple word that made me melt completely inside.

"Lemieux" I said with a smile.

"It's meant to be your wedding band someday, it's my way of giving you a promise ring without putting you under that pressure" he kissed me quickly.

"I don't know what to say except I love you" I grabbed his face in both of my hands and brought him to me for another sweet kiss. "So much, thank you"

"An I love you is more than enough babe, I love you too" he smiled at me, his smile still making my heart race.

"Can you put it on me?" I asked handing the necklace out to him and turning around to pull my hair out of his way.

"My pleasure" he clipped the necklace on and planted a small kiss on my shoulder.

"My gift is nothing compared to yours" I sadly laughed as I grabbed his gift.

"Hey" he grabbed my hand "I'll love it" He smiled before tearing open the paper.

"I hope you like it, it took me awhile to find someone to do it" I placed a hand on his shoulder when I didn't get a response in a few seconds.

"This is our song" he said softly not looking away from the gift in his hand.

I had found someone who could press the lyrics of our song into a vinyl that would play it. It took forever to find someone who could do it and even longer to design.

"Yeah, I know it's not much bu-" I started before he pulled me to him quickly and crashed his lips on mine.

"I love it, I absolutely love it" he said between kisses.

"You do?" I asked in shock.

"I love it so much, all I can say is thank you and that I love it and I love you. It's perfect" he kissed me again.

"That's more than enough" I smiled at him leaning in to give him yet another gentle, loving kiss.

Christmas request by: pepelemieux

Thank you for requesting! 💙❤️🤍💙❤️🤍