New Normal - Sebastian Aho

I finished getting the table set for my surprise just as the front door opened

I finished getting the table set for my surprise just as the front door opened. Sebastian was home.

Things had been...weird, for lack of a better word, and I had no idea why. He seemed so off this past month and I had a fear things were about to unravel.

Ever since the first time we met, things were always simple, easy. Lately he seemed nervous and on edge constantly, it was really starting to worry me.

"Hey baby" I smiled as he walked into the kitchen.

"You're cooking?" He looked around with a slight smile.

"I wanted to surprise you since you've been gone so much" I made my way to him wrapping him in a hug.

"You're the best" he pecked my lips quickly and moved towards the bedroom.

I sat in shock, I had no idea what to think.

I waited for him to return, all changed and in comfortable clothes. He appeared fresh out of the shower, his hair still being wet.

"Everything ok?" I asked him as he looked over the food on the stove.

His head snapped to me quickly, a look of worry on his face.

"Yeah, yeah everything's fine. Why would you ask that?" He stuttered out quickly.

"You just seem...nervous" I finally pointed out.

"Nervous? Me?" He chuckled nervously again.

"That! Right there, what's going on?" I looked at him cautiously.

"What? Nothing's going on. I'm tired, I must just be a little off" he pulled his eyes away from me and looked back at the food. "Do you need any help?" He asked not even looking back at me.

"No, but I do need one thing" I started slowly, trying to find the right way to ease into it.

"Well, what do you need?" He finally looked over at me.

"I need you to tell me the truth" I said as quick as I could before I lost the courage to.

"The truth?" He rose an eyebrow. "The truth about what?" He asked confused.

"About what I'm about to ask you" I breathed.

"Of course" his face turned serious. "What's wrong?"

"Is everything ok between us? It's not just me who thinks it's been weird right? Like not the same?" I started to ramble.

"Y/N, what are you talking about?" He started before I cut him off.

"Are you straying?" I asked quickly as I clenched my eyes shut.

"Straying?" He asked, his words laced with shock.

"Yeah, you know" I swallowed hard, unsure if I was ready for the answer or not.

"Babe, did you just ask if I was cheating on you?" He clenched his jaw at his own words.

"You've just been so...nervous and fidgety and so not like yourself" I let out the breath of air I was holding in.

"I guess I have been different, I apologize for that" he made his way to stand right in front of me. "But, honey, how could you ask me that?"

"It's been worrying me, I had to ask. I thought it might make me feel better I don't know, it was stupid to either way I just...I just thought you were getting bored" I finally admitted.

"Bored? Never. Every day is exciting with you baby" he ran his hands along my arms. "You're my world. I want you, only you." He breathed, his nervous, fidgety demeanor back once again. "In fact...yeah" he said to himself.

He reached in his pocket and before I could ask what he was doing he dropped down to one knee.

"What are you doing?" My breathing became shallow.

"I wasn't going to do this now or...here but, it seems like a good time to do this. I wanted it to be perfect and special for you but...I'm sorry, I just can't wait" he spoke quickly before taking a deep breath. "You are the only person I've ever felt this way about and I might not know much about that feeling but I...I know it's love and I know that I can't live without it, or you. And more importantly, I don't want to live without that feeling every day for the rest of my life and I don't want to live without you. Ever. I want you right by my side every single day until I'm taken from this life. So please, be my wife. Marry me?" He looked up at me with wide eyes as he opened the box that held the ring and turned it out to me.

I clenched my eyes shut in an effort to stop the tears from falling.

"Sebastian Aho, I love you more than I ever thought I could love anyone on this earth." I laid a hand on his cheek gently. "Yes, of course I'll marry you" I smiled brightly.

A smile spread on his face before his popped up and wrapped me tightly in a hug.

"I love you" he took my face in both his hands. "I love you so much" he kissed my lips sweetly.

"I love you too" I finally let a few tears fall.

"Oh, here" he smiled pulling away to place the ring on my finger.

"It's beautiful" I softly gushed as I took a look at the ring fully for the first time.

"I feel...so much better now" he chuckled softly.

"Wait...is this why you've been acting so nervous and fidgety?" I looked at him suspiciously.

"I was worried you would say no" he defended quickly. "I almost did that so many times this past month but I kept chickening out"

A smile spread on my face. He was so adorable.

"You're the cutest thing" I giggled pulling him to me.

"No, you're the cutest thing" he wrapped his arms around me and kissed me quickly.

"Does this mean you'll go back to being the Sebastian Aho I know and love instead of the nervous, suspicious one?" I smiled at him.

"Everything will be normal now, I promise." He chuckled pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"Well not completely, normal" I smiled pulling up my left hand up to look at the ring.

"Well, our new normal" he grinned pulling my lips back to his.

Our new normal, I couldn't love the sound of that more.

Prompt Requested by: @mmakii

Thanks for requesting! ❤️🖤🤍❤️🖤🤍❤️