Best Santa Ever - Auston Matthews [Christmas Edition]

Working for the Toronto Maple Leafs had its ups and down but one major up for me was the fact that it gave me the opportunity to meet and get the know the players

Working for the Toronto Maple Leafs had its ups and down but one major up for me was the fact that it gave me the opportunity to meet and get the know the players. Some of us had become quite close.

When secret Santa rolled around, I was surprised they asked if I wanted to participate. I gladly accepted and eventually I was set as Mitch Marner's secret Santa. Having spent a lot of time with Mitch I decided on getting him a bunch of gifts that were inside jokes between us.

When the Christmas party came for us to all exchange our gifts, I made sure the four gifts I bought were wrapped, placed in a box and that the box was wrapped. I carried it in and placed it on the table with the rest of the gifts and made my way to grab a drink.

"Who did you get for secret Santa?" I heard Auston ask from behind me.

"I think that's a secret sir" I giggled turning to face him.

"Merry Christmas" he threw his arms around me for a hug.

"Merry Christmas" I squeezed him slightly.

Auston was the one person I had spent time with on the team that I wished was more than a friendly level. That boy made my insides heat up and my heart feel like it was going to jump right out of my chest. Every time he touched me I found it hard to breathe and couldn't control my goosebumps.

"You look nice tonight" he smiled at me.

"Thanks, you look handsome like always" I mentally kicked myself for being so awkward and making things feel weird.

"Merry Christmas guys, you ready for secret Santa gifts?" Frederik Andersen asked us excitedly.

"Guess so" Auston motioned for me to take the lead.

"This one's for Y/N" Mitch said handing me a present as we approached.

I took it from his hand and moved away to give everyone more room and wait to open my gift.

"This had to have been Y/N" Mitch laughed walking over to me.

"What gave it away?" I giggled.

"The power rangers shirt" he grinned wrapping me in a hug. "Thank you, that was an adorable gift."

"Anytime buddy, I figured if anything you'd get a good laugh from some of the things"

"I love it, you're the best Santa ever" he nudged me lightly. "Have you opened yours yet?" He asked motioning to my gift.

"Oh, no. I was about to and then you came over" I laughed turning back to my secret Santa gift.

I tore the package open and opened the cardboard box that was next. My heart completely stopped when I looked in the box. It was a stuffed bear but not just any stuffed bear, it looked exactly like the bear I had when I was a kid. The outfit was the same, the two different colored eyes, even down to the red heart stitched on the bottom of the foot.

"Oh my god" I was barely able to get out.

I was obsessed with the bear I had when I was a kid until one summer we went on vacation and I lost him. I was devastated for months that we couldn't find him and eventually it became easier to be without him.

"Morgan?" I looked up at Morgan Rielly who was shaking his head. Morgan was the only person on the team I had ever told about that bear, in my head it had to have been him.

"It wasn't me and I didn't tell anyone else that story" he said with his hands up in surrender.

"If it wasn't you then...who?" I asked holding back my tears at the heartfelt gift.

At this point everyone had hushed in the room and was paying attention to Morgan and I.

"I don't know, honestly. I didn't tell anyone I swear"

"I believe you" I breathed rubbing the bears head.

When I picked up my head I noticed Mitch and Auston motioning to each other. I looked between the two.

"Just do it" Mitch half whispered to Auston.

"Auston, was this you?" I asked him softly.

"I heard you telling the story, I thought it would be a cute gift. You mean a lot to me and I just wanted to get you something I knew you'd like. I found someone who could recreate the whole thing from the description you gave. I know it's not the same but I was hoping you'd like it"

I looked up at him but couldn't bring myself to speak. He was a good few feet from me but I couldn't bring my body to move to him either.

"I can't believe...I just...you did this for me?" I locked eyes with him.

"If you don't like it I-"

My body finally moved to him and my arms went to either side of his face pulling him into a kiss to cut him off from speaking.

"Does that mean you like it?" He chuckled lightly when we pulled away.

"I love it, you're the best Santa ever" I giggled rubbing the hair at the back of his head.

"I don't even know who my Santa is" he breathed a laugh.

"Oh that would be me" Mitch said walking closer to us. "And here you go" he handed me a small envelope.

I rose an eyebrow at him and reluctantly pulled away from Auston to grab the envelope. I tugged it open and pulled out a small index card. I looked up at Mitch before reading the words written on it.

"In case you couldn't tell from his gift. Auston's in love with you." I read out loud.

"Dude!" Auston yelled horrified at Mitch.

"I know she loves you too, you guys need to just cut the crap and be together already" he threw his hands in the air.

"If this is true, he has a point" I held up the card.

"Best Santa ever" Auston smiled wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me into another kiss.

Christmas request by: valnentinss

Thanks for requesting 💙🤍💙🤍💙