Done - Travis Konecny

Note: [Anything in bold italics will be in Travis' point of view] song is 'Maniac' by Conan Gray

Being an artist always had it challenges. One day everything was up, the next everything was down. Writing and performing music was challenging but rewarding and in all honesty it wasn't the biggest challenge I had to face in life.

Travis Konecny, he was the biggest challenge in my life.

There was a time we were in love, we were happy and we thought we had it all. Eventually we learned everything wasn't all sunshine and roses as we once saw it to be. Things started becoming more toxic than happy but every time I would try to leave, something kept pulling me back.

It took me some time to finally bring myself to the realization that Travis and I weren't good for each other and once that realization hit, it hit hard.

After I ended things with Travis, my life seemed to slip into a comfortable pattern. That is, until Travis contacted me wanting to give us another shot. I had turned aside that idea so many times I wasn't sure how else to make it clear it wasn't happening.

I got out, wrote a song about it and put it all in the past.

I was over it.

"Are you coming or what?" Nolan threw a kitchen towel at me as I sat on my couch.

"I'm coming" I rolled my eyes tossing the towel aside.

"Stop internet stalking your ex and let's go we're going to be late" he pressed on.

"She's here man, she's in Philadelphia" I looked up at him seriously.

"So what?"

"I need to see her"

"No, no you don't" he quickly shut my laptop taking it from my hands.

"Hey!" I grabbed at the laptop to no avail.

"Get yourself together dude, you're letting her control you"

"I love her" I looked at him seriously.

"Well she doesn't love you, not anymore"

"She just needs time"

"Do you hear yourself? You're becoming obsessive, they are starting to laugh at you in the locker room. It's time to give it up" he placed a hand on my shoulder.

"We're going to be late" I said getting off the couch not even looking at him.

Walking into the arena, I had a sense of hope. Hope that she just might come out to the game, that she might give me a sign that there was still hope for us.

As I approached the locker room, I was instantly sick to my stomach. There, walking towards us was Y/N, hand in hand with Auston Matthews.

"Hey" Auston said as they got closer.

"Hey" I said back as nonchalantly as I could.

"Hi" Y/N said smally.

They passed and with a quick glance back I put all my hope into her taking one last look as well. She didn't.

Now I had to go out there and play him and the entire Toronto maple leafs team knowing she would be cheering for him this time instead of me.

That shit hurt.

"You ok?" Auston asked as we stopped in the hallway.

"Yeah, I'm fine" I smiled at him.

I knew he could tell that encounter was awkward. I know he knew we dated but I wasn't sure if he knew to what extent.

"That song you wrote, maniac. Is it about him?" He motioned with his head.

"Can we talk about something else?" I smiled sadly at him hoping he would let it go.

"Enough said" he slung an arm around my shoulders and lead me back down the hall.

Travis looked broken. As much I knew we were wrong for each other and I was over him, I had to feel bad for the guy. We were happy at one point in time. I don't think, even if we tried, we would be able to get to that happy place again. It was better this way.

Maybe in the future we could potentially be friends but as far as we stood now I was done.

"I heard your girlfriend is in town. I'm sorry not girlfriend, stalkee" Travis Sanheim joked as I walked into the locker room.

"Guys, not a good time" Nolan talked them down before anyone else could chime in.

I shot him a grateful look as I started going through my things. Listening to Y/N's music had become part of my pregame ritual. It always helped to calm me and put my focus where it needed to be.

As I hit shuffle to see if I would be able to stomach listening to her voice, I rolled my eyes at the first song it played. As luck would have it 'Maniac' played through my headphones.

Before I could skip the song I really listened to the lyrics. Every single word hit home. This is exactly what I did to her. I hurt her, I pushed her away and when she finally did give up and walked away...I did it again. I demeaned her tried to make everyone believe that she was unstable and I really didn't want to be with her. That I hurt her, she didn't hurt me.

That couldn't have been further from the truth. She broke me and I was too proud to see it.

Now the tables had turned on me. I had become the joke. I had gone from trying to convince everyone it didn't bother me to letting that bother consume me. She was never the maniac, I was. It had all become so clear to me.

In my moment of clarity I realized three things.

It was all my fault. I loved her enough that I had to give up and be done for her sake and most importantly that we were, in fact, done.

Requested by: matthews-slut

Thanks for requesting! 🧡🖤🧡🖤🧡

I'm so hoping I did this right! I'm so sorry if I didn't!