Great Choice - Andre Burakovsky

"I'm giving you ten minutes then I'm out of there" I explained, shutting the car door

"Ten minutes? That's like no time at all" Andre laughed.

"It's enough for me" I breathed out "I didn't even want to come in the first place"

"You'll have fun, promise" he nudged me rather hard, making it hard to keep my balance.

I rolled my eyes at him and crossed my arms. Andre Burakovsky, the best and worst thing that's ever happened to me. He was a good friend and the one person I had managed to fall head over heels for...and he was totally oblivious.

Here he was dragging me to a party where we both knew damn well girls would be all over him...and he was forcing me to stay and watch it all go down.

"I'm going to go find a drink" I yelled over to Andre, making it an entire three minutes until I needed alcohol in my system.

"Well, I'll come with you" Andre said, taking my elbow in his arm.

"I'm all good, thanks though. I'll be back" I left him to talk with his friends.

I weaved through people, wanting to get to the alcohol as soon as possible. After finding where the drinks were housed and pouring one, I attempted to make my way back to Andre. When he was in my line of sight, I saw a beautiful girl already hanging off of him. I turned quickly and tried as hard as I could to find something, anything else to do.

I ended up finding a few people who were struggling with getting food settled.

"Anything I can help with?" I asked them, hoping they would have something to help pass the time.

"Oh that's so nice of you" a female smiled at me widely. "We've been having trouble getting everything organized and cooked at the same time" she breathed out.

"I can finish those if you want to set up with them?" I eyed the pigs in a blanket she was rolling.

"Are you sure?" she looked sympathetic.

"Yeah of course, I have nothing better to do" I laughed.

"Aren't you Andre's friend? Don't you want to hang out with him and have some fun?"

"He's...busy at the moment" I breathed a laugh. "It's not a problem, really" I gave her a smile.

"Thank you, thank you so much"

"Don't mention it" I called out as she ran to help the others.

I finished way too fast for my liking and when I handed the job back over to the others, I decided I would just go wait in the car. I just had to ask Andre for the keys.

The same girl was still with him when I caught sight of him again. I hated interrupting him, especially when he was with a girl. Not only because I felt bad interrupting him, but also because the jealousy was eating me from the inside. She was so lucky to have caught his attention.

"Hey" I called softly, everyone in the small group turning their attention to me. "I'm sorry to bother you but can I just have the keys to the-" I started before Andre cut me off.

"There you are" he moved away from the girl and threw an arm around my shoulder. "I was waiting for you, you ready to go?" he looked at me like he wanted me to play along.

"Ready whenever you are" I said flatly, unsure of what the situation was.

Andre said his bye's to everyone and I gave a small wave, barely knowing any of them anyways.

"Where were you even, I was waiting for you to give me an out" Andre chuckled as we walked to his car. "You said ten minutes, I thought I had lucked out"

"You seemed like you were having fun, I didn't want to bug you" I said smally, playing with my fingers.

"I couldn't wait to get out of there" we came to a stop by his car. "Everyone was either drunk, almost drunk or hanging all over me like they were magnetic to me"

"Didn't seem like you minded it" I avoided eye contact with him.

"What?" he asked confused.

"I came to find you, you looked busy so I helped in the kitchen since they were kind of having a tough time" I shrugged.

"You helped people you didn't know, in the kitchen, instead of spending time with me?" he looked almost hurt.

"You seemed like you had more...pressing matters to attend to" I crossed my arms, leaning against his car.

"What do you mean? Why did-" he stopped mid sentence before looking like pieces fell into place in his head. "Wait, are you jealous?" I turned away from him and crossed my arms tighter. "Are you serious?"

"Look, I can get an uber home" I pulled out my phone before he yanked it out of my hand. "Andre! Give me my phone"

"No, you're not getting an uber home and you're not ignoring me" he held it out of my reach.

"What do you want me to say? You want me to say I'm extremely jealous? Fine, you win. I'm jealous ok? I was jealous. No matter how much I try not to and how much I tell myself it's a bad idea, I can't help but be jealous of every other girl you choose over me. You happy now? Can I have my phone?" the last sentence barely above a whisper.

I wanted to be a million miles away. As soon as I got my phone, that was the plan...get an uber and get as far away as possible.

"No" he said sternly. "Not until you listen to what I have to say"

"Look, I really don't want to do this right now"

"I do" He took his free hand and grabbed the side of my face, crashing his lips onto mine. "Let me talk?" he said softly after he pulled away.

"Fine, talk" I whispered, completely shocked and still unsure what was going on.

"I choose you, I would have always chose you" he looked like he was in thought. "I didn't know you were an option"

"Don't. Don't do that because-"

"Stop, there's no other reason than the fact that I'm crazy about you" he let his thumb soothe over my cheek. "I have been since I met you. I would have always chose you if I could"

"Really?" my voice was barely audible.

"Absolutely" a small smile spread on his face. I laid a hand on his chest to steady myself before reaching up to kiss his lips sweetly. "Want to come back to my place? We can watch that movie you've been bugging me to watch with you?"

"Seriously? Finally?" I smiled up at him.

"I did promise you would have fun tonight" he started as he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me to him. "Movie night with the new boyfriend?"

"Sounds like a great choice to me" I smiled wider.

"Not the first great choice I've made today" he laughed hugging me tighter.

Requested by: @DIORX_

Thanks for requesting! 🥰🥰🥰