Exactly What Was Supposed To Happen - Adam Boqvist

"No Melissa, I'm not going and that's final

"No Melissa, I'm not going and that's final. You got yourself into this mess, you can get yourself out of it" I stated walking away from my best friend.

Melissa had agreed to go on a blind date with our friend Amy's friend. Well really it was a friend of her boyfriends but she spoke highly of him. So when Melissa met a guy at a store a few days ago and absentmindedly forgot that she had agreed to a blind date this Saturday, guess when she agreed to go to the go out with him?

Saturday. As in, tonight.

So Melissa came to me to try and pick up the pieces and glue them back together. She wanted me to go in her place, she figured it would be fine since they had never met each other and no one had to find out. Upside? Maybe I wold meet someone cool and find a new friend. Downside? It was a blind date.

"Please Y/N, I'm begging you" Melissa pleaded.

"I don't see any begging" I giggled.

"Please" Melissa threw herself to her knees. "I will wash, dry and fold all your laundry for a month"

"Get up you goof I don't want you to...did you say a month?"

"Two?" She looked so desperate.

I hated doing laundry. Scratch that, the washing and drying I didn't mind it was the folding and hanging I hated. I couldn't believe what I was about to say.

"Done" I smirked at her. I couldn't help but think I got the better end of the deal for just going to dinner.

"Thank you so much, you're the best" she yelled throwing her arms around me.

"Yeah yeah just let me know where to be and when" I giggled hugging her back.

She left the room to gather details and I decided it was probably a good idea that I start getting ready for the night. I always took a little while to get ready if I didn't want to be getting ready. Truth was I was looking forward to food in my pajamas under a comfy blanket on the couch while watching movies.

I was curling my hair in the bathroom when Melissa came in with a small piece of paper in her hand.

"So I just got all the info from Amy, here is his number and where you are to meet tonight. Be there at seven and he will be wearing a black shirt and jeans" she smiled handing me the paper and turning to walk out.

"Mel?" I called her back to me.

"Yes, dear?" She popped her head back in.

"What's his name?"

"You know, I never asked that" she shrugged leaving again.

"Why am I not surprised?" I said to myself with a laugh.

I finished getting ready with just enough time to spare. I managed to waste the maximum amount of time by procrastinating on getting ready while getting ready. Before I left I decided to send the mystery guy a text.