The Little Sprinkle - Tyler Seguin

I laid my hand on the door handle and took a deep breath

I laid my hand on the door handle and took a deep breath. I knew Tyler would be home and I didn't know which I was more nervous about, seeing him after our break up two days ago, having to pack up my stuff from where I thought it would stay forever or talking to Tyler about what I needed to before leaving for good.

Tyler and I had broken up only 48 hours prior and honestly I'm still not sure exactly what happened. We had had a pregnancy scare although things seemed pretty much under control. It was when we were waiting the few minutes for the test to be done when everything unraveled.

"How much longer?" I asked bouncing my foot against the tile where I sat on the ledge of the bathtub.

"One minute" Tyler answered while looking at his phone.

"God, I can't believe this" I threw my head in my hands.

"It's not the worst thing in the world" he looked up from his phone directly at me.

"It is though, Tyler. We can't handle a baby right now. We're not cut out to be parents, we're not in that place."

"Not cut out to be parents? Y/N, I want to be a dad what are you saying? And after two years together if we're not in a place that we can handle something like this, what place are we in?" He looked at me seriously as the timer on his phone went off.

"Can we just...see what the test says?" I sidestepped the argument I was sure was coming while getting up and grabbing the test. "It's negative" I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Congratulations" Tyler said sarcastically walking out of the bathroom.

Things didn't get any better after that moment. The fight escalated and ended with the two of us deciding that, despite what we previously had thought, we didn't belong together.

"Tyler?" I called opening the door finally. "I just came to pack up my stuff" I called out when I didn't get an answer.

Just as I started thinking he wasn't home and I was in the clear I saw him appear in the doorway.

"I'll try to stay out of your way" I said timidly moving to drop the few boxes I brought with taking one to pack up what I had in the bathroom.

He didn't say anything to me as I walked past him but I felt his eyes follow me as I did so. I walked into the bathroom and started putting my hair products into the small box when I caught something out of the corner of my eye making me quickly turn my focus to it. There still on the counter by the sink exactly where I left it, was the negative pregnancy test.

My breath caught in my throat as I reached for the test. I had to fight back the tears that were pooling in my eyes as I sniffled and swallowed hard getting control of myself again. I took another glance at the pregnancy test before laying it back where it originally sat. I took a deep breath and headed for the door.

When I found Tyler he was sitting on the couch, his eyes fixed on the tv. He looked obviously disheveled and uncomfortable. His face was puffy and his hair was a mess. The subtle twinkle he always had in his eye was gone. It broke my heart, not only because he looked so broken...but because I missed him like hell.

Without thinking I made my way to the couch and before I could talk myself out of it, I crawled onto the couch and tucked my head under his arm. He instantaneously lifted his arm a bit to let me lean against him and wrapped his arms around me.

For a few seconds we sat in silence while I just enjoyed being in his arms again.

"I've missed you" he finally said quietly.

"I've missed you too" I sniffled into his chest. "I'm sorry things ended I just...didn't know what else to do"

"What do you mean?"

"I guess I panicked. Thinking about all the bad things that could have happened I didn't stop and realize that I was letting one of the best things that has ever happened go. I was focused on thinking a baby would ruin us but I ruined us instead. I want everything with you no matter what happens. I'm sorry" I squeezed him a little tighter.

I heard him breathe out a frustrated breath and I honestly wasn't sure what was about to come out of his mouth.

"Baby?" He said barely above a whisper.

I took a small breath of relief. The past two days all I wanted was to hear him call me baby.

"Yeah?" I asked not looking up at him.

"Please don't leave me again"

"I won't, I promise" I snuggled into him more as he placed a soft kiss to the top of my head. "Did you mean what you said before?"

"About what?"

"About wanting to be a dad and that we could handle it if we had to?"

"Of course I did" he squeezed me a little tighter.

"I have something for you" I dug around in my pockets.

He rose an eyebrow at me as I pulled out what I was looking for and placed it in his hand.

"What is it?" He looked at it confused.

"It's a sprinkle"

"Well I know it's a sprinkle but I think I'm missing something here?" He stared at the sprinkle as he rolled it around in his hand.

"That's how big our baby is" I said cautiously eyeing him for a reaction.

"What?" He looked at me with wide eyes.

"The test was wrong, Ty. I'm pregnant" I looked at him seriously. "Is that still ok?"

"Is that still ok? Baby, that's great" he pulled me back into him before giving me a few quick gentle kisses.

"How are you feeling? How's the little sprinkle feeling?" He asked excitedly.

"We're feeling better now that we're home with daddy" I smiled up at him.

"I love you" he smiled widely kissing me softly.

"I love you too"

"And I love you little sprinkle" Tyler laughed rubbing my belly.

I intended on keeping my promise I made to Tyler. I was never leaving him again.

Player requested by: @one_chicago12

Thanks for requesting! ❤️❤️❤️