The Look - Miro Heiskanen

Start from the beginning

He leaned over into me and claimed my lips as his own. Before I knew it, his hands were in my hair and my fingers dragged along his back. I needed him as close to me as possible.

"Your brothers going to kill me, you know that right" he pulled away out of breath.

"Let him try" I grinned pulling him back to me for another soft kiss.

"I don't care if he does, I'd die a million times for you" he pecked my lips between words.

"I would never let you die for me, I would miss you too much" I smiled as he planted kisses on my cheeks.

"You'll have to talk to your brother about that sweetheart, he's definitely going to kill me when he finds out I fell in love with his little sister" he chuckled.

"Wait" I pulled completely away. "You're in love with me?"

"Of course I am" he smiled at me.

My heart skipped a beat and I had the overwhelming urge to tear up.

"I'm in love with you too" I breathed placing a hand on his cheek lightly.

"I'm a dead man but I couldn't be any happier right now" he smiled widely kissing me passionately.

The rest of the evening was spent making some dinner, cuddling on the couch with a movie and lots and lots of making out. There was prominent marking on my shoulder from Miro but I didn't mind at all.

Whenever Miro and I left each other I immediately missed him. I always wanted to be with him, I always wanted him near me. I could definitely see myself spending the rest of my life with him...if only I could pluck up the courage to tell my big brother.

The next few days we saw each other sporadically, sneaking kisses quickly and whispering I love you's when we saw each other and resorting to texting each other every free second we had.

The next week my brother decided to throw a barbecue, just for the heck of it. The entire team was invited and some of them brought their significant others so at least I had other girls to talk to.

I sat on the deck talking with some people as Miro sat next to me. It took all my restraint not to have my hands on him and it was obvious it was the same for him too when he slid his hand onto my thigh when he knew Joe wasn't looking. I smiled at him wishing I could lift my head right up and kiss him.

"I love you" he mouthed to me.

"I love you too" I mouthed back when I was sure my brother couldn't see us.

Later into the party my brother called out for me from the living room.

"Come, sit. You gotta see this" he patted the couch next to him.

I realized that where he was patting was between himself and Miro and there was barely any room.

"Umm" I started before Joe cut me off.

"It's ok he doesn't bite" Joe laughed.

I saw Miro smirk at my brothers words and I had to laugh lightly myself. He did bite, I knew that very well. The marking on my shoulder was proof of that enough and I absolutely loved it.

I shrugged and squeezed myself between my brother and my boyfriend making sure to settle closer to Miro than Joe.

Joe was talking about something we were watching on tv, but my mind was on Miro. I wanted to be able to sit in his lap and kiss him whenever I wanted to instead of awkwardly squeezed next to him.

"I'm going to get something to drink, you want anything?" Miro asked getting up from the couch.

"Water please" I smiled.

"Sure thing darling" he reached down and planted a quick kiss to my lips before standing up straight and completely freezing.

I was frozen in my tracks as well as Joe popped up from his seat.

"What the hell is going on?" Joe rose his voice. "You're messing with me right? That's what this is"

"Listen, JP-" I started while stepping between them before he cut me off.

"Don't you JP me, what the hell do you think you're doing?" I could tell his anger was building. 

"We've been together for a few months" I finally said trying to reason with him.

"The one thing I said about my sister was no one hurts my sister"

"I wouldn't dream of hurting her, I'd do anything for her" Miro started before Joe reached over me and grabbed Miro by the collar of his shirt.

Things started getting rough and it looked like it was going to turn into a brawl.

"Alright enough of this" Corey Perry walked in between the two and separated them. "What is the big commotion, why are we fighting about this?" He looked between the three of us.

"I told her my teammates were forbidden and he knew that too" Joe huffed still trying to catch his breath.

"Alright, listen. I get not wanting your sister to date a teammate of yours but there are worse guys she could have decided to be with" he motioned with his hands to no one in particular but ended up motioning to Tyler Seguin.

"Hey! Come on, what did I do?" Tyler asked offended.

"I was just motioning in general, but you get what I mean. There are a lot worse guys that can be with your sister than one who clearly loves her" he explained seriously.

"You love my sister?" Joe eyed Miro.

"A lot, sir" he said quietly.

"You couldn't tell?" Corey asked looking at Joe. "The way he looks at her it's evident. It's the way I would want someone to look at my sister if I had one."

"Y/N?" My brother looked at me.

"I love him too, JP. It just kind of happened and I'm sorry I know you don't want me dating a teammate of yours but I love him and I'm not letting him go" I swallowed hard.

Joe sighed frustratedly running his hands through his hair.

"He's right, there are worse guys you could have chose to be with. If you're happy..." Joe looked at me.

"I'm the happiest I've ever been" I smiled towards Miro who was already beaming at me.

"You hurt her and well...you know" Joe looked at Miro.

"I know, and I will never hurt her I can promise that" he smiled.

I wrapped my arms around Miro and squeezed a bit.

Once people started going back to doing their own thing, I looked up at Miro.

"You know, that really is quite the look you have there when you look at me" I grinned.

"I didn't know I had a look" he laughed.

"I love the look, it shows your love" I explained.

"Well that's because I love you, silly.

"And I love you"

He leaned down and kissed me gently. The first kiss we didn't have to hide from anyone else. We could finally be the couple we wanted to be.

I wanted to take some time and dedicate this imagine to the amazing mitchyymarns ! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Hope you like it and thanks for being co-CEO 😉😂