~Hurt~

Being Colby's best friend meant two things, one seeing him be the most amazing person ever, and two, seeing him with other girls. I prefer one over two since it didn't involve me heartbroken. I love Colby and only Sam knows which is kinda hard to have him keep his mouth shut around Colby. Tonight was me and Colby's weekly ice cream run, I would meet Colby at his apartment then we would go to an ice cream shop and well, eat ice cream.

I was on my way to Colby's apartment he told me his door was open so I just walked it. I wish I hadn't when I saw him smoochin it up with a girl that we went to high school with. They both pulled away while I rocked on my heels with my lips tucked in.

"Hey." Colby said awkwardly.

I did a little wave and nod before turning around thinking ice cream run was called off.

"Wait Y/n! Come back." He said grabbing my hand.

"Y/n this is Linda we all had band together, Linda this is Y/n." Colby introduced.

I again waved while she did the same, she seemed nice and wasn't a total b*tch. Even though my heart was breaking to a million pieces as we stood there I just kept a smile.

"I hope you don't mind, but I invited Linda to ice cream night." He said hugging her.

I did a little breathly laugh then nodded.

"Yeah, yep totally fine! Let's go so we can end this night faster." I said but whispered the last part.

The whole car ride involved me in the back seat trying to holding tears in, while Colby and Linda were being flirty. Once we actually arrived at the shop I went to the restroom hoping Colby would get my ice cream. When I came out he was already sitting down with Linda sharing ice cream, but that ain't the worst part, they sat at a two person table. I looked at then about to lose my sh*t but also telling myself not to cry.

"Hey can I just get a small strawberry?" I asked sniffling.

I turned around and saw them laughing, Linda leaned over pecking Colby on the cheek. I turned back around to see the cashier a soft smile.

"You don't have to pay hun, I can already seen your not having the best night" The nice old lady said.

"Oh thank you so much." I said wiping away the few stray tears.

She handed me the cup of ice cream patting my hand with reassurance.

"I hope you young folks find a way to each other." She smiled once more.

I nodded with a smile then turned around, they were still being, flirty. I didn't even bother staying I walked out and strolled around the shopping center. Not many things were open since it was and late. There were a few people out but not many, I was really the only one walking. I ate while just being accompanied by my broken heart and feelings. It sucks seeing someone you love, like someone else. It sucks having to pretend like it's not bothering you, when reality it hurts like heck. I found a little bench and sat down. After a few minutes Colby ran up sitting next to me.

"Hey what happened?" He asked looking at me.

I didn't respond I just stirred the empty cup of ice cream.

"Hey, Y/n what's wrong?" He asked once more.

"Nothing go back to Linda since she has all your attention." I said quietly.

"What?" He asked again.

"Oh my god! Go back to Linda and smooch with her while I stand there acting like nothing's wrong! I have to stand there and see you at a two person table flirting! While I get comforted by a cashier!" I paused for a second." I have to watch you fall in love with girls who aren't me. I have to watch you kiss girls who aren't me. I have to go home and know you aren't the one welcoming me home. I have to pretend like I'm fine when inside I'm hurt. I-I'm tired of being hurt, I'm tired o-of crying." I said sobbing.

Colby pulled me into a hug as I sobbed. He rubbed my back and placed small light kisses on my head.

"I never fell in love girls, I was only in love with one. I only used those girls to try and get rid of those feelings cause I thought she didn't like me. I thought I was so out of her league since she's this beautiful, smart, intelligent-"

"Colby please stop, please stop talking about a girl you love." I said crying more.

"Let me finish. She's a girl who'll light up a room, she's the life of the party. Y/n you were to oblivious to see this, you are the girl I'm in love with. You are the girl who I dream about in my dreams, your the girl. I only ever had my eyes on you." He said holding up my chin.

I looked at him with watery eyes, I leaned in and kissed his lips. He immediately kissed back roughly. I pulled away quickly.

"What about Linda?" I asked.

"She told me I wasn't her type. Doesn't matter now because I have you. Your the only girl I want." He said smiling.

"Will be my girlfriend?" He asked.

I nodded happily then hugged him. Who knew at the end of tonight I would finally have the guy I'm in love with.

A/n- I'm literally wrote this at one in the morning cause I was bored. I hope you enjoyed this lol! Love y'all!❤️