- O n e h u n d r e d & s i x t y o n e -

We were driving for like a solid 45 minutes, and she just put the blindfold on me. I was playing with the rings on her fingers, and I felt the car come to a stop. I heard her take her seatbelt off and she closed her door, and walked over to mine. I held my hand out and she grabbed it, and she also grabbed my other hand which had my phone in it. I assume she put it in her pocket.

Billie: "It's really textured ground, get on my back."

I put my hands out and I found her, and I jumped. She started walking in a direction.

Billie: "Hold on to me tighter."

I didn't question it, and I did what she said. She went down this like little hill or whatever, it wasn't long after that she put me down.

Billie: "Are you ready?"

I held on to her waist as she took off my blindfold, it was a dock on the ocean. On the dock it appeared to be a picnic set up, that's why she wouldn't feed me.

Billie: "This is the spot I was telling you about, I was gonna let you go to it. But then I came out here to come here with you."

I smiled and placed a soft kiss on her lips.

Maddie: "Thank you, babygirl." I laced our hands together and I started walking towards it. I sat down on one of the blankets once I got there and Billie sat on the other one.

Billie: "This is the spot I was telling you about, I was gonna let you come here. But I had to tag along."

Maddie: "Tell me the story of how you got here."

Billie: "I thought you would never ask." She smiled. "So it was I think two nights ago, I was talking to my mom and she said that I should talk to the tour crew to see if I could come out here for your birthday night. It took so much convincing, but after awhile, they realized that I really wanted to do it. But I realized that I had the permission to come, but I needed to call Kenzie, to come up with a way I could get out here without you knowing. I was so scared pictures of me at the airport were gonna surface, but that was the first time that I haven't been recognized at an airport. But anyways, so I got here around 4? I'm not sure, and then Kenzie told me that she had the hardest time figuring out what to get you, and then she I said that I was a good idea. So she used me as a present."

Maddie: "Ugh, I hate how good you are at planning."

Billie: "Just enjoy it shorty."

Maddie: "I'mma get you back though."

Billie: "Sure Maddie."

I laughed at her, this bitch has no clue what I got coming.

Billie: "Tour made me realize how much my past still affects me."

Maddie: "What do you mean?"

Billie: "I always shut out my feelings that I don't think are relevant, and I never talked them out but then I met you and I realized how present feelings are."

Maddie: "I don't know your past." I fiddled with my finger.

Billie: "I know, I never realized that my feelings were relevant."

Maddie: "Are you gonna tell me your past?"

Billie: "One day."

Maddie: "I'm not gonna rush you because you were so patient with me, and I want you to know that I'mma treat you exactly how you treated me. Because that meant way more to me than you know and I want you to feel the same way."

Billie: "Thank you shorty. You don't know how much that means to me."

Maddie: "I do know."

Billie looked at me.

Maddie: "You did the exact, and I mean the exact same thing, you changed my life and I wanna change yours."

Billie: "You already did."

Maddie: "I know."

Billie: "Your ego coulda stayed in L.A."

Maddie: "Same with yours." I smiled at her.

Billie and I were sitting there for who knows how long, and it was conversation that didn't have a destination we just talked about everything. Like that night in the hospital, the conversation would just flow because neither of us had anything to talk about.

It was so peaceful and so quiet here, like not because we're in the middle of nowhere. It was peaceful because I was genuinely happy, I could tell Billie was happy about being off of tour.

The sun was setting, but the light was reflecting off the water. Creating the most perfect golden hour.

Billie: "Shorty, what do you wanna be remembered for?"

That is a question I literally have never thought about.

Maddie: "I don't think about that, like ever. Because to me the purpose of life isn't to be successful, it's to be able to someone that you had a great ass life and you enjoyed it. I haven't enjoyed every second of my life, but I'm getting there. I can't wait to be able to say that I enjoyed my life overall, I enjoy every second with you, I enjoy every second with Dani, Kenzie and the twins. Because you all see me for me, you don't see me as a dollar sign or whatever. But yeah like I said, I just wanna be able to say that I had a fun life. What do you wanna be remembered for?"

Billie: "When I was younger, I was sad as a bitch. I still have my moments, we all do. But I like what you said, I just wanna be able to tell people I enjoyed it, I wanna tell people that I loved performing. Because, I feel like most artist's or whatever. They all kinda got forced into fame, and I just kinda eased my way into it because I had the option, I could've just dropped ocean eyes and dipped. But no, I stayed and now I could have the best selling album of 2019."

-------------------
the sequel is gonna be more happy based so you're welcome.

thanks ily

words: 1033.