- F i f t y s e v e n -

At Maddie's Apartment.

8:13PM

Maddie's POV: 

I unlocked my door and turned on the lights, this is the first time that Billie is spending the night in almost a week. Like it felt like she hasn't been here for a month, I haven't slept here for more than two hours at a time.

Billie walks to the kitchen and I walk to the dining area, I put the hoodie on the table while she see's the calendar on my fridge.

Billie: "Damn you're so busy."

Maddie: "That's not up to date either that's the crazy thing."

I walk over to junk drawer and Billie watches me, I grab the marker that's in there and I pull out my phone and I look at what Kenzie's texted me so I can update it.

Billie: "So your launch with prettylittlething, what are you launching?"

Maddie: "Oh my God, I can't believe that I haven't told you. I made a baddie line."

Billie: "You're joking."

Maddie: "I wish I was."

I pulled out my phone and showed her pictures from the shoot that I did awhile ago.

Maddie: "Those are pictures of some of the items, those were samples and I have two meetings with them within the next week to finalize them."

Billie: "You really are becoming a baddie."

Maddie: "And you have to break up with me."

Billie: "I would never." She said in a baby voice.

I rolled my eyes playfully. 

Billie: "What inspired the style of clothes that's in the launch?"

Maddie: "I've been planning this since before I met you, but when I started this it wasn't a baddie line. It was just, I don't know what it was. Then we really started working with it towards the end of June, then I was like I want a baddie line. And here we are, it releases on Tuesday and I haven't even shot for it." 

Billie: "People are gonna love it."

Maddie: "They better." I looked down at the counter.

Billie put her hand on top of mine, which made me look up at her.

Billie: "I love you, no matter what."

Maddie: "I love you too."

She walked over to me and placed a slow kiss on my lips. I pulled away and rested my head on her shoulder, she wrapped her arms around me. I hugged her tighter which made her hug me tighter. I pulled away and looked at her.

Billie: "You good?"

Maddie: "Yeah." I shrugged. "I just needed a hug."

Billie smiled at me. 

 Kenzie🌵

what time is my meeting tomorrow?

1.

okay thank you's.

No problem, I'll pick you up.

otays.

Are you good?

yes, I'm happy now.

I assume you fixed shit?

yes.

I'm happy for you, goodnight.

goodnight.

Read at 10:21PM 

Billie: "Who are you texting?"

Maddie: "Kenzie, I was asking her what time my meeting was tomorrow."

Billie: "What time?"

I looked at my phone because I forgot.

Maddie: "Ummmm one. But ill get back at like three and then I'm done for the day hopefully."

Billie: "What are you going to do in your meeting?"

Maddie: "They'll probably tell me the days I'll be shooting, then I'll confirm the one I want. I really half-assed it though."

Billie: "What do you mean?"

Maddie: "They sent five boxes filled to the top, and I only tried on three."

Billie: "Try on the rest of them." She smirked at me.

Maddie: "Bitch no, I'm tired."

Billie: "You just took a nap." 

Maddie: "I still don't see your point."

Billie: "Maddie you have to."

Maddie: "I already know which one I want and there's no changing it."

Billie: Okay whatever. I heard you want a dog."

I smiled "I do."

Billie: "What kind?"

Maddie: "I want an Australian Shepard."

Billie: "How long have to been looking?"

Maddie: "Ever since I left San Fran."

The memories I get just by saying San Fran.

Billie: "Have you ever found one?"

Maddie: "Yeah, but every time I did the timing was never right. Like I was either traveling or just overall didn't have time for a dog. So I was thinking after my birthday."

Billie: "Why do you want a dog?" She asked curiously.

Maddie: "Because I'm lonely as hell, like okay. I know I have you and there's a lot of people around me, but it's not like- I want something that's here 24/7 so ill like- I don't know."

Billie: "I get it, like you'll always have me. But I'm not here all the time and I leave soon. What if you get the dog before I leave?"

Maddie: "Oh- um because I haven't talked to the owner that much." I constantly forget she doesn't know that I'm going with her.

Billie: "What do you mean?"

Maddie: "He knows I'm interested, but like I haven't confirmed that I want the dog. Because I don't wanna pay eight hundred dollars a month just to put this dog on hold, like there's other opportunities. I want one more than anything, but I just don't have to manage a dog and a career." 

Billie: "Oh I get it, I wanted you to get the dog before I leave so I don't have to watch you... fall apart almost- I don't know." She looked down.

Maddie: "We've been over this, I'll be okay- that sounds so bad oh my god. We'll both get through this, in our own way."

Billie: "What's going to happen to us... when I leave?"

I looked at her and she was still looking down.

Maddie: "I don't want anyone else." My voice was soft and quiet.

Billie: "Really?"

Maddie: "Yes really, I don't look at anyone like I look at you. I don't want anyone like I want you." 

Billie smiled at me, she walked to stand in between my legs as I was sitting on the counter. She wrapped her arms around my back and she rested her head on my chest, I scratched her scalp lightly while I rubbed her back in a comforting way. 

-------------

this is the second worst chapter i have written

thanks ily 

words: 1020