- T w e n t y n i n e -

Billie: "Damn I really never looked at you like that."

Maddie: "Looked at me like what?"

Billie: "Why didn't you continue your path?"

Maddie: "Even though I graduated a year early, and I really had something on. I was beyond lazy, I waited until the last minute, but I always worked my ass in that minute and I always came out on top. But since I was lazy I didn't wanna do that and I couldn't see it being permanent."

Billie: "You couldn't see yourself doing that forever?"

She shook her head no.

Maddie: "I love helping people like I'm humble I guess, I form an opinion really fucking quickly. Like it's bad how quick I form an opinion of people, so I feel like I would'nt be able to hear them out because that opinion that I formed is like nagging at reality I guess. I don't know, I'm weird as hell."

Billie: "Dude I love that, like I never knew any of this stuff about you. Like it's the most random shit but like I love that, I love learning shit about you."

Maddie: "No one really knows what makes me me I guess."

Billie: "I don't think you're lazy."

Maddie: "I'm not now, like I work my ass off every single day of my life."

Billie: "I know you do, that's why I don't think you're lazy."

Maddie just looked and smiled. We pulled up to Starbucks, we could've been here twenty minutes ago. But I was invested in what Maddie was saying and I kept taking wrong turns.

Billie: "What do you want?"

Maddie: "I want a cake pop, and a venti iced almond milk latte."

Billie: "Okay." 

We pulled up to window and she tried to hand me her card, but I handed the cashier my card. She's not paying for shit today.

We pulled up the second window and I handed her, her cake pop and her coffee or whatever.

Maddie: "Tank you babies."

Billie: "You're welcome."

Maddie: "I have a question."

Billie: "Go for it shorty."

She almost choked on her cake pop.

Maddie: "That's actually my question, where did shorty come from?"

I was waiting for her to ask this.

Billie: "The first reason is a coincidence, you're short. The next one is I was talking to Finneas like I wanna say two years ago, I said something like I don't wanna use special names until I knew I was in love. Now were here."

Maddie looked at me with puppy dog eyes.

Billie: "What's my name?"

Maddie: "I call you babes or babies the most."

Billie: "I like when you call either of those." I smiled at her. "We going to the mall now?"

Maddie: "I guess so."

Billie: "Bet."

Billie: "What's my name in your phone?"

Maddie looked at her phone.

Maddie: "It's been the same since day one, it's Bil with the red heart that we both use really excessively."

Billie: "Yours is shorty with that same red heart."

She was holding her cake pop by her pop socket and she was typing something.

Billie: "You changed my name didn't you?"

Maddie: "Mhmmmm."

Billie: "Let me guess, it's babies with that heart?"

Maddie: "Yes." She said in a funny accent.

We pulled up to the mall and we walked in right beside each other, I'm not going to lie. It was real hard keeping my hands off of her.

Billie: "Where do you wanna go first?"

Maddie: "I don't know, I need shit for your house." She snickered.

Billie: "Ouh fun, dude when we go back we could clear an area in my closet and bathroom for you."

Maddie: "We act like we're married." She joked with me but I was being serious.

Billie: "I'm being serious though."

Maddie: "Awww tank you babies."

Maddie: "Let's go to Sephora."

Billie: "Ewwww." 

I followed her in there and she looked around, she knew where everything was. I followed her around and I pointed out the brightest, boldest colors.

Maddie: "Will you stop playing around? You're such a goof." She playfully pushed me. Me being the dramatic bitch that I am, I fell to the floor.

Maddie: "Oh my god. You're not the best helping hand."

Billie: "You should be the helping hand and give me a hand to help me up."

She held out her hand to help me up, let's be real I pulled myself up and we were inches apart. I leaned in but she completely rejected me.

Maddie: "You tried it babes."

Billie: "Sorry that you're irresistible."

Maddie: "You're funny."

Billie: "No, like it's a challenge keeping my hands off of you." 

She gave a sexual smile.

Billie: "Damn I got you to be serious for like point two seconds, and now you're immature." I joked.

Maddie: "You'll never gonna get me to be serious like never again."

Billie: "Okay shorty."

She found me in the most stupidest aisle, it was like weird.

Maddie: "I'm ready to leave to leave the store." She said in a baby voice.

Billie: "Finally!" I shouted. We walked the counter and she had her card in her hand. I snatched it out of her hand and I put it in my pocket.

Maddie: "No, Billie give it back."

Billie: "No."

I took her little Sephora shopping basket thing, and I put it on the counter. The sales clerk started ringing it up and I gave the lady my card, there was two bags. Maddie wouldn't let carry them, but we compromised and I carried and she carried one.

Billie: "Where to next?"

Maddie: "Let's go to pink?"

Billie: "What do you need from there?"

Maddie: "I need two things of my perfume, I need shorts, and sports bras."

Billie: "Ouh fun."

Maddie: "You don't like this store either do you?"

Billie: "I buy stuff from here all the time."

She walked in and found everything that she needed. We checked out and walked to Forever21

Maddie: "Look babes it's your favorite store."

I gagged. 

----------------------

ya'll NEXT CHAPTER!!! buckle the fuck up. 

thanks ily

words: 1014