- O n e h u n d r e d & f i f t y t h r e e -

Instead of going down, we went up to the roof. You couldn't see anything except the lights and the stars, you can't see stars in L.A. But you think that New York would be more polluted than LA, but obviously not.

I walked to the edge of the building and looked over at the city, it was beautiful. Words couldn't describe it.

I was lost in my thoughts and I heard the camera click and it knocked me back into reality of what really was going on.

Holden: "Perfect, we can go."

We walked back into the building, and we got into the elevator.

Maddie: "Who's your favorite person you've shot with besides me?"

Holden: "It's this guy, that was a senior my first year, and we were in the same class because the college decided that you need to take that class to graduate, so he wanted me to shoot him for the presentation we had to do for that class."

Maddie: "Why did you like shooting with him so much?"

Holden: "He's really photogenic and he had a hella fun personality, and he had visions of what he wanted to do and I don't know, he just really had what he wanted to do and he knew how to get there."

Maddie: "Best female, you've shot with that isn't me."

Holden: "Her name's Loren, and I go to school with her too. She's the in the same photography history class with me and we sit by each other. She's funny as hell, but telling you this, I feel like anybody could make me laugh. But yeah, me and her shot at the statue of liberty and she had a vibe that, god I feel different when I'm around her, she's just like a different person. A person that I have never met before." He shrugged.

Maddie: "Sounds like you like her."

Holden: "I don't know, I mean don't get me wrong or anything. She's pretty as hell and has a nice vibe. But she has a boyfriend last time I talked to her so I left her alone. But she still talks to me, so I made my feelings go away."

Maddie: "Would you date her if she ever wanted to?"

Holden: "Oh hell yeah, she's like life smart. She doesn't trip over everything, like she has trust so if her and her and I were ever a thing, then I wouldn't be able to break that. I would never forgive myself if I gave someone trust issues."

Maddie: "I feel the same way, I always feel like I'm giving Billie trust issues but she always claims that she knows how she works and she knows that I'm damaged or whatever."

Holden: "Why are you damaged?"

Maddie: "I don't really wanna talk about it, but some fucked up shit happened when I was fifteen or sixteen. And that's the worst age shit like that could happen to you, because like that shit sticks to you forever, and you feel like you're the reason that all that shit happened to you but you're not. I still have to tell myself that everyday, because I'm not fully over it and it still hurts. But yeah, don't worry about it though. I'm good on the outside."

Holden's smile softened, "What's your favorite thing about New York?"

Maddie: "I don't know, probably the authenticity, and how each person looks like they belong here. But what's your favorite thing about L.A?"

Holden: "The coffee shops and thrift stores, there's so many different vibes and different locations. What's your favorite think about L.A?"

Maddie: "I like how everyone does almost the same thing and we call all relate to each other. Most of us, are sad anyways so." I shrugged.

Holden: "You're sad?"

Maddie: "I'm not sad about life, I love my life, I love the people in it and I love the more I have. I just bought a house, and I'm about to get a dog when I get back from tour. My life's great I just hate my fucking career."

Holden: "Why do you hate your career?"

Maddie: "Billie worded it best, I didn't know why I hated it for the longest time. But she said that I was seventeen and on top of the world and I felt like I couldn't bigger, I also felt like this because I've been working hella hard to be able to go on tour with her. That's why you haven't heard from me since Calvin Klein, everything is coming out while I'm on tour. But she made me a list of things that I could do to get bigger and feel bigger." I smiled at the memory.

Holden: "What's your favorite shoot you've done?"

Maddie: "One I did with prettylittlething, promoting a piece I made with them. Tell me more about the college you go to."

Holden: "Well all the people that major in photography, are like really artsy. But also, a majority of them are from New York and I'm not so I stand out a little bit, so that's why I dress like a New Yorker. So everyone thinks that I'm from here if they don't know where I'm from. What's your day tp day life?"

Maddie: "Well everyday is different, but my favorite days consist of. Getting my nails done, meet with Kenzie my manager and have a fitting. Then after all that, I'll hang out with Billie. But like normally I have an event and I do this and that to stay ahead. What's your schedule like?"

Holden: "I'll just show you."

He pulled out his phone and showed his schedule.

Maddie: "Was photography always your passion?"

Holden: "Not at all, I wanted to be a chef, just because of how much I liked food. Like it was scary how much I thought about what I was going to eat next." He laughed at what he said.

I was walking beside him so I could hear him over the night time traffic.

Holden: "Will you walk in front of me so I can get you crossing the street?"

--------------------

how are you liking holden? is there anything you wanna know about him or is there anything maddie and him should do?

thanks ily

words: 1060