Chapter 98 Cassie

Anna's POV
As I sat on the couch waiting for Cassie to come home I was beyond upset. I was at work editing photos for the company I work at when all of a sudden I received a phone call saying Cassie was absent from all of school today. I quickly rushed out and asked my assistant to tell everyone I was not going to be here.

I am the vice-ceo of VanityFaire here in LA and it took a lot of Effort for me to get to where I am today, so for me to just walk out all of a sudden definitely raised some red flags. I have never felt so unprofessional.

As I hear the front door jiggle I stand up as I say "now you listen here young lady-"

But to my surprise it's drew. He looks at me confused as he says "Anna what are you doing here so early?"

"I could ask you the same thing?"

"Work got out early" he says as he shrugs and closes the door behind him. He pulls out his phone for a quick second before pocketing it up away.

I know this should've raised some red flags but I was too worried about Cassie to care right now.

"Cassie skipped school" I blurted out.

Drew looked at me shocked "she did?"

I nodded as I sighed and sat back down again. Drew came up to me and started to rub his hand against my back. He's never done anything like this before. I move my back up hopes that he will stop but he just brushes it off as he continues to try and sooth me.

When I hear the door open for a second time I stand up again knocking Drew's hands off me. Not to my surprise I see Daniel right next to her.

"Daniel" I start but drew cuts me off "Hey Daniel why don't you come out to the front with me?"

He nods a bit worried as drew leads him to the front.

"Where were you?" I ask as I try to stay calm.

"At school"

"No you weren't the attendance office called me and said you were absent"

She shrugs as if it wasn't a big deal.

"What is going on with you Cassie? Were you with Daniel" I gasp hoping she wasn't.

She looks at me with bitter eyes as tears start to form.

"Why couldn't you have stayed in contact with him?" I see her eyes she'd tears quickly.

I was so confused "who are you talking about?"

She laughs bitterly as she says "come on Auntie Anna you know exactly who I'm talking about."

"I do not! Now tell me who or I will ground you." I have never been this harsh on her ever, but I am just not in the mood to deal with Cassie's crap behavior.

"Shawn told me everything! You were a liar and I want to live with him!"

I freeze at the mention of his name. It's like trying to light a match that has already been burnt.

"We don't speak that name in this household" I hiss.

"He was my dads friend, I have every right to live with him if I want, and he said he would be delighted to have me stay there"

I laugh as I say "the only thing that man cares about is his career"

"Well he cares about me" Why is she even defending him.

"Your not living with him period" I say sharply.

"I can do whatever I want your not my fucking mother or father, and you will never be able to replace them, you nothing" she shouts at my face.

I am frozen as I see her walk out the door.

AN
Don't forget to vote if you wanna 🌺❤️