Chapter 77 That Video

Shawn's POV
My eyes felt glued to the video. As I watched it I winced in pain, it was a video of Jamie being hit over and over again. I felt so sick to my stomach I exited the video to see a text saying you have 12 hours remaining. I am losing my patience.

I set the phone back down and gave Anna a big hug as I rubbed her back I could feel her slowly start to breath normally again. I grabbed her hand as we walked back to the car.

"Hey where are you going?" Jack calls out.

"Trust me you want nothing to do with this" I reply back.

As we make it to the car Anna sits in her seat silent and facing ahead. I don't dare to try to get her to talk, instead I take her phone and try to negotiate with these kidnappers.

To Unknown; Please we promise we'll get the money we just need more time.

From Unknown; I gave you time and who the hell is we. You better have not told anyone.

Shit I didn't mean to say we but that's just what came out. I quickly tried to text back something to fix the situation.

To Unknown; no that was my bad sometimes I just refer to myself as we.

Really Shawn "I refer to myself as we" there gonna know that's a lie.

From Unknown; just for that you now have 9 hours.

Great Shawn you tried to make it better but once again have failed and now have royally screwed things over. Quick think of anything. But nothing comes to mind, it's as blank as a canvas.

Panic starts to rise over me realizing how big of a mess this really is and that Anna and I don't have the money. I look over at Anna who looks pale even for her tan complexion.

"Anna I think we need to go to the police now before you go and try and stop me I just need to tell you we only have 9 hours and neither you nor I have the money. And the cops know how to handle these things."

As I look over at Anna she just looks at me softly and nods.

"Okay. Let's do it"

And with that I drive over to the police station.

AN
I watched the movie US and I can't seem to turn off my lights now. RIP