Chapter 126 What was all of that?

Anna's POV
Once I reach the car I tap on the window lightly for Cassie to let me in.

"What's all this about?" Cassie asks as she shoves her phone into my face, I see the photo of Charlie I posted on instagram.

"Oh" I say as I blush.

Cassie gasps as she says, "No way"

"What is it?"

"You like him!"

"What no" I answer too quickly, all of a sudden I feel very sweaty and nervous.

"Yes you do don't lie sis" cassie teases.

I look at her guilty before I say, "I'm sorry...I do like him."

She looks at me puzzled, "Why would you be sorry?"

"Well because it hasn't been too long since drew and I know you loved him like a father"

"Oh Anna," Cassie says. She starts rubbing her hand on my arm. "You are my family not him."

I start to tear up as I lean over the console to try and give Cassie a big hug. My ribs end up hitting the lever causing both of us to laugh as we let go.

-

"Bye Cassie!!!"

"Bye Anna" She says as she waves and heads into her school.

I check the time on my phone as I realize I am supposed to meet Charlie In an hour. I have enough time to take a shower right?

But right then my phone dings,

Charlie French: Hey Anna...there's been a change of plans.

Anna Claire; Oh...Ok?

Charlie French: can you do something for me.

Anna Claire: Depends on what it is ;)

Charlie French: Wear your fanciest outfit you own.

Anna Claire: LoL okay, see you in an hour.

Charlie French: <3

I blush as I see his text back, Drew and I never used to text like that so it is a nice change for once. I decide not to text him back, but instead to just go home and get ready as fast as I could. Now that I know that Cassie is okay with me dating I might consider it, but who evens knows if he's still interested?

Once I get home I set up my fanciest outfit and then take a hot shower. Once I walk out I hear the doorbell ring. Shit is it already time? I check my phone, nope I still have an hour. I hear the doorbell ring again as I call out, "One minute"

I quickly dry off my body with the towel as I put on my silky dress and head to the door.

I open it and to my surprise Shawns face is staring back at me

I open it and to my surprise Shawns face is staring back at me. I feel his eyes trail my body as he says, "Nice outfit, are you going somewhere?"

"Uhm Yeah...Hanging out with a friend"

He scoffs as he mumbles 'some friend'

"Excuse me" i snap, "Your the one at my doorstep"

"Right sorry" He says, clearly embarrassed. "I just wanted to check in with you. You were acting weird this morning when Aaliyah left my apartment"

'That was Aaliyah" I blurt out. I quickly cover my face from embarrassment.

He chuckles as he says, "Yeah"

"Oh"

We stare at each other, both of us unsure of what to say. I hear my phone alarm go off as I rush over to the counter to turn it off i see him enter my house.

"Sorry, I have to finish getting ready"

"Oh no I don't mind" He says sitting down on the chair next to my bed.

I scoff as I enter my bathroom to start my hair.

-

After 20 minutes I have fully finished all of my stuff with teen minutes to spare.

"Well my friend is coming over in ten minutes" I say to him rocking back and forth.

He just nods, consumed with whatever is on his phone.

I cough to try to get his attention, but my action causes him to stand up, "I got to leave, sorry I'll see you later babe" He says as he kisses my cheek and heads out.

I see as shawn leaves a confused Charlie face the door.

What was that all about?