Chapter 94 Home

Anna's POV
As the car reaches Jamie's old house aka my new house it was a bittersweet feeling. Drew and I had just gotten Cassie from my mothers house and it was a bit of a struggle.

As we walked up to the steps I started to feel super nervous, Anna your about to become a mother. As my own mother opened the door I saw her frown as she said, "Oh your already here so quickly"

"Mother, it's been a week of planning everything, that was plenty of time for you to hang out with Cassie. Anyways it's not like we're not going to visit, also you can babysit when drew and I aren't free"

"I shouldn't be the backup for Cassie, I should be her first option." My Mother says, now I know she didn't mean it to be offensive but it still stung a bit.

"Well there's an obvious reason why Jamie left me Cassie instead if you" that was a bit rude to say but it had to have been said

"And what's that Anna?"

"You know what I don't have to explain myself to you" I say as i step into the house.

She scoffs as she says, "another way of saying you don't know why"

I turn back at my mother, "Look mother I don't i is why your being so difficult, all I want to do is pick up Cassie and I'll be on my way"

"Well she is my blood not yours" my mother says a bit too loudly as I see Cassie she flinches at my mothers cruel words.

"Come on Cassie were leaving" I say.

-

As I walk into the gravel driveway it's silent, you can hear the faint noise of birds and children yelling at each other from a distance. As I breath in it smells like wet concrete and Jasmines at the same time which was oddly pleasant.

I turn to see Cassie looking at the house with no emotion, as I see drew behind her trying to carry three boxes at once. I chuckle as I pick up one of the three boxes as we all start moving them into the house.

I tell Cassie to go inside to go relax as drew and I finish them I see someone come up to us.

"Hi you two lovebirds must be my new neighbors" the middle aged lady says.

"Uh yeah kinda, I'm Anna" I say as I grab my hand out to shake hers. She shakes back. Damn string grip.

"You two will love my daughter she's so smart and is beautiful, and way more talented than any kid her age" she's one of these moms. I just smile and nod as she yells in the direction of her house "RONNIE"

A young girl sound 13 or 14 comes out wide eyed as soon as she makes eye contact with me.

"Hi I'm Anna" I say politely as I hold out my hand.

She just stares at me, unsure of what to do.

"Ronnie shake her hand" the mom tells her daughter.

She shakes her head as her mom scolds her "just shake her godDamn hand Ronnie"

"She dated Shawn and cheated on him I'm not going anywhere near her" she spat as she walked back to her house.

"Who's Shawn?" The mom asked.