Chapter 60 Fake News

Shawn's POV
When Cassie and I finally finish shopping for an outfit for her I have this weird gut feeling that something is off, but I just try to shake it off as we were heading to the car.

"Hey shawn?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you for the new clothes"

"No problem"

Where are we going to now Shawn?"

"To my studio, we're recording a new song"

I look over and Cassie just nods, as we hop in the car Cassie looks up at me "when will my dad be here"

"Oh...um well I'm not sure, he hasn't texted me back yet but I'm sure soon" I smile and hope that she isn't too upset with spending all this time with me.

The rest of the car ride was silent except for the radio which I had on some random kid friendly channel. When we finally made it to the studio as I walked In with Cassie to my surprise I saw Brian.

"Brain?" He looked up as he came and gave me a hug. As he patted me on the pack I asked him "what are you doing here?"

"Coming to visit you of course!" I smile as I bring him in for another hug. But he pulls apart and frowns as he looks at Cassie "so is it true?" He asks.

"Is what true"

"Is she your kid." He asks me. I was shocked "what no I'm just taking care of her while my friend is at some work emergency"

Brian says "I was about to say who's the mother" I quirk and eyebrow at him and we both start laughing a ton. I feel a small tug on my pants, it was Cassie. "Can I go sit on the couch?" She asks. I nodded as she headed Over to the couches.

"Wait so why would you think she's mine?" I ask Brian.

He looks at me and says "you obviously haven't been on social media for a bit" I shook my head no as he showed me a video of me and Cassie sitting in target goofing around and me reading to her. Of course the media used this as a chance to make it seem like i have a kid. I decided to clear up this entire mess.

I tweeted my fans saying

@shawnmendes Hey guys it's been a while! I just wanted to let you know that I do not have kids. That is just my friends kid who I am looking after today. Remember that not all new is real news. love you all xx.