Jean Grey- Left Out: Part 3 (a)

People would always say how you were lucky to have your family around you, and that you should appreciate the people that you had in your life.

The latter you agreed with but not in terms of family.

Jean was the only family you had left and yet she never treated you that way.

You had to give her props for actually attempting to apologise but the admiration went out the window when you realised that she had only done it for Scott.

And you had your orders from Jean to not talk to Scott, but you saw no point in listening to her anymore – she never did anything that you asked so why was there a need for you to feel as if you had to do what she stated.

It felt like déjà vu when someone came to sit down next to you on the grass of the mansion grounds.

You turned to face them, and a smile graced your face when you realised it was Scott.

"You do realise Jean will go spare if she realises that I'm talking to you."

Scott shrugged. "She doesn't have any say with me anymore," he stated causing you to tilt your head in confusion. "I broke up with her two days ago."

Your mouth dropped open in surprise. "Tell me you're joking."

He shook his head, a slight smile on his face. "I did want her to apologise to you, as she treated you very badly," he explained as he reached for your hand. "You don't deserve how she treated you Y/N and we all know that here."

Just as you were about to respond to Scott, there was a screech from behind you both.

The two of you turned around to see Jean stood there with a rather fuming look on her face.

Scott groaned next to you causing you to laugh but the both of you stood up. "Is everything okay Jean?" you asked her with a false smile on your face.

"So, you break up with me just to move on with my sister?!" she ranted at Scott as she stormed over. "You are such a joke Scott Summers! And I will make sure everyone here knows that."

Your sister then turned to you as she glared daggers straight through you.

"And you! My own sister going after my ex-boyfriend," she exclaimed before she crossed her arms. "Who knew you were so desperate."

You chose not to respond to Jean as what she said was incorrect, however Scott decided to call her out on her absolute crap.

"What I do now is none of your concern Jean," he stated with finality in his tone. "I got sick and tired of how you treated Y/N, your own flesh and blood! Who stuck around for you and you know all of us here are envious of the fact that you still have some family," he ranted along at her.

Jean looked surprised at his words but kept silent.

"If Y/N and I decide to develop something between us then that is between us."

You sighed as you ran a hand through your hair. "Look Jean, all I ever wanted was for you to give me your advice and for you to be there for me," you explained to her. "I moved here for you even when you wanted nothing to do with me. Not once have I hurt you, insulted you or done anything to hurt you on purpose but you still decide to make me feel utterly worthless."

Scott grimaced at your words before moving to pull you into his side out of comfort.

"You claim to have been there for me but you and I both know that you never have been," you told her. "Yours and Scott's relationship was never any of my business, and I never meddled in it so do not blame me now for the two of you breaking up."

When you realised that your words had virtually no impact on Jean, you felt hurt as you still hoped that your sister might actually care about how she'd made you feel.

"You deserve your karma Jean."

When jean didn't respond to you, Scott offered you his arm and the two of you set off for a walk around the mansion.

As you were walking, you looked up at Scott in confusion. "You weren't being serious about us developing something, were you?"

Scott chuckled a bit sheepishly. "You caught that huh?"

You giggled at his words, smiling up at him.

"I do care for you Y/N, and in the past six months whatever was between Jean and I has completely faded away," he explained. "It may sound harsh, but I guess I was looking for an excuse to end it with her."

Shrugging your shoulders, you gave Scott's arm a gentle squeeze. "Well I did tell you that you could do better."

He laughed out loud at your words. "And I believe that I already have with what I've got right here."

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Requested by