Maria Hill- Idiocy (c)

You had ended up in the SHIELD infirmary on more than one occasion, of course they were never pleasant moments, but this was one of the worst you'd experiences. By no means had you not been injured worse, luckily you only had a couple of broken bones and a lot of glass impeded in your back, but this was one of the few times that one of your team had put you in the infirmary and the first time that it wasn't an accident during training or in a fight.

It wasn't too bad when you were left alone but as soon as you heard doors slam and Maria come into the room looking a mixture of shock and annoyance.

"What happened?" She questioned rushing to your side.

You and Maria had been in a relationship for quite a while. Sometimes you weren't quite sure as you did act overly differently, however you loved each other dearly.

"I tried to scare Natasha," you said lowering your head not wanting to have to look at Maria when she held the disappointed look on her face which you knew was coming.

"You did what?!" She exclaimed.

Hesitantly you looked up to see Maria looking rather annoyed but her eyes also showed you that she was kind of surprised that you had survived an attack from Natasha.

"I know it was stupid. She pushed me through a window," you said solemnly.

Truthfully you thought that your punishment of being thrown through the window was enough really rather than having to be berated by your girlfriend as well. You had learnt your lesson and you weren't ever going to jump out at Natasha again, not unless you had a death wish, which in telling Maria about what had happened did suggest that you did have one.

"Why do you insist on doing such stupid things?" she sighed exasperatedly.

"I don't think things through properly. I know I'm a complete and utter idiot, but I do love you Maria, and that makes everything, better, right?" You smiled innocently trying to get her to forgive you for being a prat.

Maria's eyes rolled, which happened surprisingly a lot seen as she was in a relationship with you along with having to put up with the avengers on a daily basis- they were pretty much were you got all your bad ideas from.

"Fine. I'm sure your love is more important than you doing idiotic things. But you really need to not do anything too stupid as it will end with you getting killed and I cannot handle that."

You smiled softly at her. "I love you Maria. I promise you I won't get myself killed with my own stupidity."

"I love you too."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.