Steve Rogers- Ready: Part 2 (h)

Ever since Bucky had found out you being pregnant, he had been overly excited.

Of course, to begin with, he had been terrified about the prospect of a child because he'd never thought of himself as a father.

Steve had been insanely supportive towards the both of you – he'd been there for Bucky whilst he'd been freaking out, and of course he had been basically a second husband to you.

You knew full well that your child would be taken care of no matter what and Steve would be the most doting Uncle he could possibly be.

Even though the whole team knew about your pregnancy, Nick had still managed to summon Bucky out onto a mission and he wanted Steve to be there too but both of them had put up an argument due to wanting at least one of them to stay with you.

Steve had come to sit by you on the sofa and he handed you a hot water bottle. "How are you feeling?"

You shrugged. "I've got the little one kicking like crazy, but I'm okay."

He chuckled, leaning over to kiss your cheek. "I bet little one is missing their Dad," he stated.

You giggled and nodded in agreement. "Most definitely, James has gotten into the habit of talking to them before he goes to sleep, and I think he's missing that."

"He'll be a great dad," Steve mused causing you to smile.

"And you're already being a great Uncle."

He chuckled, shaking his head. "If anyone is my brother then it's Buck, so I am more than happy to be an Uncle."

"I'd been thinking that Tony would be the one to spoil them insanely but I'm now thinking it'll be you."

Steve shrugged. "Never say never," he stated in a joking tone. "I've not got a girl to spoil so it'll be my niece or nephew."

"If you'd just let me set you up with someone," you suggested but Steve shook his head.

"I'd rather meet someone properly Y/N/N."

You shrugged. "I have good taste in people you know," you told him with a smile.

"Of course, you do," he agreed. "You married my best friend."

You couldn't help but laugh at his words. "And you are my best friend."

He smiled as he reached over to pull you into a hug.

"And to think you are the one that guessed me being pregnant," you reminded him.

"It'll all work out Y/N/N," he told you with a smile. "You and Buck will be amazing parents."

"You're always so optimistic, aren't you?"

He chuckled but nodded in agreement, nonetheless. "When it comes to my best friends, of course I am."

"We're not going to be perfect parents Steve, there's no way of that."

"And you don't need to be perfect," he reassured you with a smile. "All that matters is that you'll both love that kid unconditionally."

You smiled at your best friend, resting your hand on your stomach. "We already do."

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Requested by