T'Challa- Protective Brother (c)

Sometimes you despised your brother. He was a good man, and king to your country but sometimes he pissed you off beyond belief. You were sat in your sister's lab, her putting stitches into your leg where it had been injured, whilst you held an ice pack to your head.

Not only did your head hurt from the possible concussion, but also from your older brother shouting at you. Ever since you were young you had wanted to fight for your country but being the Princess of Wakanda meant fighting was discouraged. As an adult, you did everything in your power to be there, fighting alongside your brother, he just didn't agree at all with that. He was terribly protective of you and your younger sister Shuri; he would never allow either of you to get in harms way even if that meant keeping you away from everything just in case.

Seen as T'Challa wouldn't allow you to learn to fight, you had gone to Okoye. It took some convincing, but she said she'd train you, but assured you she wouldn't take it easy. That was how you ended up being thrown into a wall and now being patched up.

"You are a complete dullard Y/N, how can you be so insolent all of the time?" T'Challa shouted, making you wince at how loud he was.

"Just because you don't agree with something doesn't make me stupid," you frowned.

At least with T'Challa shouting at you, you were distracted from the pain of getting stitches.

"No, ignoring a direct order and putting yourself in danger is what makes you stupid."

You rolled your eyes at him.

"I can handle myself. Yeah, I got hurt but the amount of times you came home battered and bruised, it happens to the best of us," you frowned.

Before T'Challa could say anything, Shuri interjected.

"You think you're amazing at fighting, why wouldn't it be the best option for you to train her?" She asked.

"I don't want her in danger. I don't want you in danger," he said sternly.

"You know she isn't going to stop. We're all stubborn. She is going to put herself into more and more danger until she learns to fight and can fight with you. Wouldn't it be better for everyone if you just trained her?"

He paused unsure what to say in response. Although you and T'Challa bickered a lot, he rarely bickered with Shuri as she'd almost always outsmart him in one way or another.

"Y/N, we will continue this conversation later," he stated knowing he'd never win the conversation if Shuri was in the room. "Although I am not happy you went behind my back to do this, I am glad you are okay."

"Thanks," you said softly knowing that even if he was overly protective it was all because he loved you.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by