Lorna Dane- Family: Part 1 (c)

You sipped your coffee, trying to make it last. You didn't have much money and you didn't know where you could go, so you needed to make the most of what you could get because who knew where else you'd find something you could afford to eat or drink.

If you had been a normal person, you'd have never had runaway. Although you were a legal adult, you lived with your parents and you were too terrified of being there that you had to get out. You'd packed your bag with as much as you could, grabbed all of the money you had saved and left in the middle of the night. You missed your family, but it wasn't safe for you to stay at home, it wasn't safe for them if you stayed at home.

As you sipped your drink, a woman slid in opposite you. She was a little older than you, maybe only by a year or so, and her hair was bright green.

"Who are you?" You asked, attempting to curl into yourself, fearful of anyone at the moment.

"My name is Lorna," she stated. "And you're Y/N Strucker."

You cocked an eyebrow at her, holding your mug even tighter in your hands.

"How do you know my name?" You questioned. "Did my dad send you?"

"I don't know who your dad is. But I know what you are," she smiled coyly. "You're not alone."

She knew what you were? No one knew what you were. You were a mutant; not even your parents knew that fact. Your father worked for the Mutant Task Force, arresting and torturing mutants who they deemed problematic. Even though you knew he loved you, you feared he may not love you enough to overlook the fact you were one of the enemy.

"How do you know that?"

Lorna grinned at you, moving her hand towards the spoon you had used to put sugar into your coffee. A green trail came from her hand, lifting the spoon into the air. She lowered it back down before gesturing to you as though it were your turn.

You paused. If she was a mutant too, maybe she wasn't too bad. Maybe she wanted to help you.

Closing your eyes, you slowly raised your hand to the window and focused. Within seconds you heard rain hitting the glass. Opening your eyes, you saw a small grey cloud above, rain falling from it.

"Weather manipulation, nice," Lorna nodded.

"What do you want with me?" You asked.

"I am from a group. A group of people like us. I guess we're a family. All of us live together and support each other; especially with the current climate, mutants need each other," she explained. "We heard about you, and want to help you Y/N. We can help you hone your powers and do the best with them."

"And I could be a part of your group?"

"Yes.Any mutant is welcome. Let us help you."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.